Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Automated Dispatch

Default Re: Automated Dispatch

Not sure how many of you guys see the emails about how AD is slow responding, server is down, or whatever reason is it ****ing up today but there are a lot of them. Some weeks I'd say that there are atleast 3 out of 5 days that it isnt working properly. IT will send an email telling the sups to insure that the field guys utilize the F3 function for accepting tickets because AD is down and tickets are getting backlogged. They went as far as making a new website so that the sup can see if they have any outstanding emergencies and who it is that hasnt accepted it. They were supposed to set it up so that the sup could accept the ticket from the website but havent seen that part put into action yet.

AD is/was one of the biggest waste of money that USIC has done. They need to retire AD and go back to actual ppl handling the call outs. Some things you just dont need to put in the hands of computers.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Automated Dispatch

Locating underground utilities for a living is like being a physicist trying to quantify string theory. You know parts of the math are correct so you remove and add back various parts of the puzzle trying to prove the theory. The problem with the "theroy of locating" is the only portion everyone has correct is the "human equation" yet they keep trying to remove it at every turn.

Default Re: Automated dispatch

CUS has started doing this on emergencies about a week or two ago. Seems pretty good, no issues with the computer not pronouncing stuff wrong. They don't have it for On Call as of yet though.

I think " Robo Bitch" needs a hearing aid!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I think " Robo Bitch" needs a hearing aid!
    She answers me about 50 percent of the time. I hear we will be dealing with her on the after hours call-outs soon. That should be fun.

Isn't this just frickin' grand.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234