Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By headcipher
  • 1 Post By yahoo

Thread: Alligator clamp replacement

Years of Experience

Default Alligator clamp replacement

Subsite TX if it matters. Looking to buy replacement alligator clamps. These are a pain. I've repaired the lead to clamp connection more times than I care to count. So if one breaks in near future I want some on hand for backup. These have a nut that screws down on top of butt connector with an eyelet in butt connector

Years of Experience

Default Re: Alligator clamp replacement

I have had problems with mine on my subsite but ditch witch company replaced mine bc the machine is only 3 months old . hopefully you can get yours replaced.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CWVines View Post
    Subsite TX if it matters. Looking to buy replacement alligator clamps. These are a pain. I've repaired the lead to clamp connection more times than I care to count. So if one breaks in near future I want some on hand for backup. These have a nut that screws down on top of butt connector with an eyelet in butt connector
    We buy jumper cable clamps from a car parts supply, they work better than anything that comes attached to purchased leads. Use them to connect to transformers, spigots, gas risers, the back side of gas meters, and small pipes.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    We buy jumper cable clamps from a car parts supply, they work better than anything that comes attached to purchased leads. Use them to connect to transformers, spigots, gas risers, the back side of gas meters, and small pipes.
    an older tech told me that when I got here working for the gas company.I agree ! jumper cables with good ends work great !!!
    daman1 likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    One of those simple solutions that doesn't occur to you until someone points it out to you. I shoulda been doing that years ago.