Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pipehorn Forum

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Pipehorn Forum

David,

Are going to be in Orlando Fla in Febuary for the Convention?

Years of Experience

I have used the 100 series and I now use the 800 I can say that the 800 is a tank i am very pleased with its performance and duability it has been ran over twice one in a Car Dealers lot by a car and once by me and it has not cracked or damaged the casing and it has made me a believer in its strength. The only complaint I have is that the signal strength is too strong to use on certian cables if they are shallow in the future I would like to see a knob to possible lower and raise the output on the transmitter.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    David,

Are going to be in Orlando Fla in Febuary for the Convention?

Yes! We are exhibiting at the CGA Excavation Safety Conference & Expo in Orlando Feb 17-19 (Booth 611).

Years of Experience
    30+

I will look you up!

David,

I haven't been on this site in a while and thought I'd let everyone here know my opinion about Pipehorn.

I use the 800H on a daily basis along with a Subsite 950 for backup. It used to be the other way around when I was using the Pipehorn 100 & 500. Now, I usually don't even break out the Subsite, in fact, the batteries are probably dead in the 950!

Pipehorn hit a Grand Slam in my opinion with the 800 series. I used the 800HL at the 2008 Locate Rodeo in the Telecom Divison. I finished 10th out of 30, but would clearly have finished in the top 5 had I not left ALOT of poker chips on the ground. The Pipehorn was dead on!

Thanks for an outstanding product Pipehorn!

Dusty Thomason
    Owner-Alabama Utility Protection Svcs
    www.callaups.com

Years of Experience

Dusty

Thanks for Pipehorn comments.

I look forward to seeing you again at the 2009 International Locate Rodeo. This time I predict you will pick up the chips AND a big cardboard check!

David

Pipehorn has kept my lights on for many years now. I'm not as hard core as Mark McDougald(self-proclaimed locate genius) taking his Horn on vacation with him but, I have been know to break it out at family reunions and birthday parties for a quick demonstration! lol Granted, I once wanted to sell my 800H because I couldn't get used to the sound and the feel. But now I wouldn't trade it for 2 of anything else!

Maybe I can get one of those checks next year, Armed by Pipehorn, of course. I'm sure I'll see you before next year. I'm thinking of riding down to Orlando in Feburary so maybe Ill see you there. Maybe do some volunteer card passing for Pipehorn!

Years of Experience

Don Plosser and I look forward to seeing you in Orlando (party in booth 611!)

the village of shorewood has had a pipihorn for two years now got it when i had to start finding street lights works great i use it more than my other two units

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AUPS View Post
    I'm not as hard core as Mark McDougald(self-proclaimed locate genius)
    Is that before or after

Possibly both?! I have spent many hours on the phone with McDougald talking about the "Road Warrior" life as a locator. I dont think there would be an AUPS without him actually. He got me thinking outside the box about locating!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AUPS View Post
    Possibly both?! I have spent many hours on the phone with McDougald talking about the "Road Warrior" life as a locator. I dont think there would be an AUPS without him actually. He got me thinking outside the box about locating!

You must mean being more passive about locating???

Years of Experience

Just wanted to say hi David! I will say that once you have a pipehorn you will wonder how you ever located without one. When nothing else works I turn to my pipehorn. If you cant locate it with a pipehorn then it cant be located. I used the pipehorn at the Northwest Regional Locate Rodeo and won first place in gas. The judges were amazed at how accurate it was. I didnt take first in Atlanta but I am so convinced that the pipehorn is superior to other locating equipment that I wonder if it was me that was off or the people setting up the competition because they didnt use a pipehorn. Its good to see you on here and I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta in July.

Years of Experience

Thanks Kevin

Coming from arguably the best utility locator in the country and certainly the best I've ever seen in action, that means a lot to us here at Pipehorn.

See you in Atlanta.

David

BTW: Great Pic and congrats on the latest addition to the Gossett family!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by KGossett View Post
    Just wanted to say hi David! I will say that once you have a pipehorn you will wonder how you ever located without one. When nothing else works I turn to my pipehorn. If you cant locate it with a pipehorn then it cant be located. I used the pipehorn at the Northwest Regional Locate Rodeo and won first place in gas. The judges were amazed at how accurate it was. I didnt take first in Atlanta but I am so convinced that the pipehorn is superior to other locating equipment that I wonder if it was me that was off or the people setting up the competition because they didnt use a pipehorn. Its good to see you on here and I look forward to seeing you in Atlanta in July.
    But to elaborate on the statement "if you cant locate it with a pipe horn it then it cant be located"

Fundamentally all you are really saying is highest frequency is more capable of picking up a targeted facility...

A pipe horn is only popular because of a few factors- higher than average frequency as just described, ease of use- its light, and economical, and no competition-other manufacturers dont use a higher frequency locator without adding more bells and whistles that inflate the price...

I have a locator I currently use with a 480Khz, and automatic gain, essentially the same as the pipe horn...Sometimes I have to split the calibration(due to no manual gain option) on occasion by turning the reciever one direction then the other...But generally I can boogie around with it...The distance is limited in comparison with my years of weapon of choice the 810 but on shorter runs that higher frequency I have discovered does an excellent job of isolating your targeted facility even when in close proximity to nearby facilities...It is nt suppose to be that way per preachers and theory... We are always taught utilizing lowest frequency to obtain the best isolation(not always true from my experience during practical application) ...I believe the signal is so HOT that a short route as long as the transmitter placement is isolated away from any nearby facilities that the reciever sticks very well to what you are targeting...

I say its all about the frequency in combo with the light ease of use with a pipehorn and the other manufacturers are just asleep at the wheel...With the exception of Heath...

JM2cents
    Last edited by USIC1; September 6th, 2009 at 08:44 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast