Thread: New here, but not new to pipehorn

Default New here, but not new to pipehorn

Hi Folks,

About 20 years ago, when I was still green and new to this whacked out job called locating, someone put a Pipehorn 100 in my hand and changed my life. I've used a lot of different machines over the years (RDs, Metros, Subs, Rycoms, Heaths), but my faithful companion is always my Horn.

I'm looking at going freelance next year sometime and looking around at equipment options, plus I need to get one of my two 100s repaired. That 800 series sounds good and seems to get good reviews. Tell me more. (BTW, there's a funky script on the Contact Page at pipehorn.com that neither of my browsers likes, shuts 'em both down)

I'll be tied up in meetings Monday morning and running tickets the rest of the day, so hit me with a PM or an email and let's get together. For now I need to remain anonymous to preserve my current income, so you'll forgive the lack of hard info in my profile.

Also, if anyone on this forum can point me to an insurance company that knows what we're about I'd be grateful. Trying to get liability quotes from folks that think I'm either a surveyor (close) or a cable installer (not) is turning into a real pain in the @$$.

Thanks!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: New here, but not new to pipehorn

Quote Originally Posted by FreedMan View Post
    Hi Folks,

About 20 years ago, when I was still green and new to this whacked out job called locating, someone put a Pipehorn 100 in my hand and changed my life. I've used a lot of different machines over the years (RDs, Metros, Subs, Rycoms, Heaths), but my faithful companion is always my Horn.

I'm looking at going freelance next year sometime and looking around at equipment options, plus I need to get one of my two 100s repaired. That 800 series sounds good and seems to get good reviews. Tell me more. (BTW, there's a funky script on the Contact Page at pipehorn.com that neither of my browsers likes, shuts 'em both down)

I'll be tied up in meetings Monday morning and running tickets the rest of the day, so hit me with a PM or an email and let's get together. For now I need to remain anonymous to preserve my current income, so you'll forgive the lack of hard info in my profile.

Also, if anyone on this forum can point me to an insurance company that knows what we're about I'd be grateful. Trying to get liability quotes from folks that think I'm either a surveyor (close) or a cable installer (not) is turning into a real pain in the @$$.

Thanks!

Utility Tool Company Inc.

2900 Commerce Blvd.

P.O. Box 100519

Birmingham, AL 35210

800-952-3710

205-956-3710

205-956-3711 fax

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I forgot, customer support (and repairs) is info@pipehorn.com

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Insurance and such depends on the contracts and the locations your working. Some contracts want you to have 5mil liability some only 1 mil. I wish I could remember specific company names but I don't. As for equipment you listed some good ones, the only one i'd suggest would be the A-6 tracer from Aquatronics...... Its a god send when blind sweeping a large area.

mke

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to follow up on the A-6, that 's a new one on me.

@David, I got your PM, will try to find a few minutes to catch up with you later this week, thanks for the prompt response, all.

Have you found a job? I'd like to suggest you freelancercareers.com. This service merit your attention.