Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can work over here...no scratch that, maybe over here...then again....

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: You can work over here...no scratch that, maybe over here...then again....

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Hey PL, I wasn't refering to the locator switching areas just to help out, I think we all have done this from time to time. I was specifically stating the extended switch of a locator from one area to another. Which I was involved in when I was doing Public locates. I had a large Rural area that was given to me as soon as I was done training, I was in that area for 2 years solid, and was trained in that area by a locator who owned that area for the previous5-7 yrs.

The reason the company switched me was the damage Ratios were dramatically different. My area had a low damage ratio, and the other area, even though was less then half the size of mine had larger damage ratio. The Company thought my area must of been easier since there was a lower damage ratio, so they moved the guy from the higher ratio area to mine, and put me into the Higher ratio area.
    The only benefit to the switch was learning an area that I had to cover for Emergency call outs, other then that the locating was the same. Same crappy Qwest peds, same horrible prints to go off of.

When it came down to it..... The Ratio lowered in that area, and Rose in my old area. They never moved me back.

I am a proponent of Keeping a locator in his own area for as long as he wants to stay in that area. I'm with Goldenboy, You keep the locator in a perticular area and they learn that area, good parts and bad parts. When they learn an area their production naturally increases. And for those locators who hate staying in one place.......... Float them.

mke
    This has been my observation as well, the higher damage ratio is usually due to the locator and that ratio, be it low or high, just follows them into a new area.

The exception is a new locator who has been put into a very busy area before they have had enough experience to handle the work volume. They get pushed to do more per hour than they can do correctly and the high damages are the result. I prefer to see new locators seasoned as floaters or in a low volume area. This way the supervisors can tell which is not only ready for an assigned area they can see who earned it.

Also it is advantageous to put new locator into he on-call schedule, that is damages waiting to happen. They need more experience before being thrown into that hot pot of trouble. I would rather not work the extra on-call shifts but this would be better for both the company and the locators.

Default Re: You can work over here...no scratch that, maybe over here...then again....

USIC is a terrible company to work for.

Also it is advantageous to put new locator into he on-call schedule, that is damages waiting to happen.

If something IS advantageous, that means it's to your advatage, being a good thing. This statement makes no sense there PL, which is usually something that doesn't happen with your posts.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    Also it is advantageous to put new locator into he on-call schedule, that is damages waiting to happen.

If something IS advantageous, that means it's to your advatage, being a good thing. This statement makes no sense there PL, which is usually something that doesn't happen with your posts.
    I left the "dis" off the front of that word. Disadvantageous is what I meant to put there.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

PL, you know this is going to go onto the report card?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    PL, you know this is going to go onto the report card?
    If I could read and write I wouldn't have to work for a living.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12