Thread: Verizon - Coordinator

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Verizon - Coordinator

Search the terms Utility Locator Verizon in a job search engine, simplyhired.com is one example.

and you will get the "Coordinator" or "Construction Coordinator" position open in various US States.

Looks like aposition a locaotr may be qualified for.

Position Responsibilities:

Region Wire Services prefielder job requires a field visit to 12-15 jobs per day including all FiOS business orders and most FiOS residential orders (overflow is sent to RWS vendor). The prefielder must work with the RWS Dispatch Center and the jeop desk to identify short due date situations and other potential customer effecting issues to correct them if possible and jeop orders only if necessary.
    All RWS orders must be screened to help make sure that productive work is routed to RWS techs and that the less productive more time intensive work (remote, difficult work conditions) are sent to the RWS primary contractors.
    Prefielders must also proof conduits to identify the route from the fiber distribution terminal to the ONT location, and place a pull string to ensure that all potential roadblocks are removed and footages are exact.
    Prefielders must also call in utility locates and assist with escalation of locate issues on a daily basis.
    They must also work with engineering in situations where no Verizon point of presence currently exists, and if a DOR is necessary, they must coordinate warm handoffs with engineering to provide a description and sketch of work required.

Required Skills & Experience:

* Experience interacting with customers, vendors, locate crews, field technicians, and construction crews.
    * Must be able to successfully multi task and possess excellent communication and follow up skills
    * Must have 3 years related field experience.

Years of Experience

Talking Re: Verizon - Coordinator

i think i might put a app in
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Verizon - Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by FiosKing View Post
    i think i might put a app in
    Before you go squirrel away all the paint you can off the truck.
    All the real locators are addicted to the fumes.