Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Verizon Contract & USIC /SM&P/CLS

Years of Experience

Default Re: Verizon Contract & USIC /SM&P/CLS

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Just when you think locate companies are catching on to charging higher rates, we just got beat out in Henrico County, Virginia to a bid of $4.72 for water and sewer. Everybody knows that there is no way that any company can make it with a ridiculous price like this, and provide any sort of benefits or decent pay for their employees. The "winning" company tends to hire all their employees as subcontractors, so they can duck paying employee taxes and throw out these prices. They skim a little off the top, and trickle down damages to each "subcontractor" and make them pay. I don't even think they offer any benefits either. Makes me sick to see this...........

And by the way, contrary to all rumors, OneVision is NOT for sale for less than $200M (each employee would get $1M from the sale if it ever happened at that price)!

pssssst!!!!!...hey OVUS...come to the WEST side of the Big Muddy man!!!!

We need you out here!!!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

How can anybody even afford the paint at 4.72?
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Well, the City Sewer guys here tend to call on each ticket and tell everyone that their construction is shallower then their utility and most of the time (85%) they won't even go out to the sight. Since they are with the City there are Tort limits wich if anything drastic happens the contractors can not sue the city for any substatial ammout (the ammount usually doesn't even cover court costs) So... Its a win win.

Now its only 4.72 for water locates and you only have to mark up to the the meter or any crossings that the work may cross.... not too bad... And if you throw any PVC mains into the pot and you can call the contractor and verbaly let them know.

mke

[QUOTE=RoadMap;13426]Waa! Did I hurt your feelings? Well hopefully this will help! F U!!!!!!

Yer awesome! I don't bullshit, but i don't always mean everything i say either, hope you know that! Always welcome at my house!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post

We need you out here!!!
    We are coming RD. Can't provide all the specifics right now but rest assured we are heading West (can't go any further East or we'll be in the water!). More details to follow very soon.......

Send all resumes to info@onevisionusa.com
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

We need you out here!!!
    We are coming RD. Can't provide all details at this time but rest assured we are coming West (if we go any further East we'll be in the water!). More details to follow very soon..........

Send all resumes to info@onevisionusa.com

Years of Experience

We need you out here!!!
    We are coming West RD, and soon. Can't provide all the details right now but should be able to share with the Cablevine crew shortly.

You know where to send your resume.....will be hiring all positions, including management (2), trainers/damage investigators (3), leads (4-5), techs (30-35), office assistant (1), etc.

We can't go any further East or we'll be in the drink!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Well, the City Sewer guys here tend to call on each ticket and tell everyone that their construction is shallower then their utility and most of the time (85%) they won't even go out to the sight. Since they are with the City there are Tort limits wich if anything drastic happens the contractors can not sue the city for any substatial ammout (the ammount usually doesn't even cover court costs) So... Its a win win.

Now its only 4.72 for water locates and you only have to mark up to the the meter or any crossings that the work may cross.... not too bad... And if you throw any PVC mains into the pot and you can call the contractor and verbaly let them know.

mke

We already have water and sewer contracts in other states, and I hear what you're saying about the perceived ease of locating those facilities, but it doesn't work like that in Virginia my friend. Expectation is that you roll on every ticket, and every at-fault damage is not only charged back to the locate company but is reported to the State Corporation Commission who will fine you for just about anything (even when there is no damage!). There have been a ton of cross bore damages to sewer facilities over the past couple of years and sewer repairs are very expensive. $4.72 might get the work done (even though I seriously doubt it), but it will definitely not cover your assumed liability for damage costs and fines. Ultimately it's just another contract that ends up screwing the technicians and putting undeserved money into a greedy owner's pockets.
    Last edited by OVUS1; May 22nd, 2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added an "i" spellchecker didn't catch

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    We are coming West RD, and soon. Can't provide all the details right now but should be able to share with the Cablevine crew shortly.

You know where to send your resume.....will be hiring all positions, including management (2), trainers/damage investigators (3), leads (4-5), techs (30-35), office assistant (1), etc.

We can't go any further East or we'll be in the drink!
    Hey..what about PA? any interest here?

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hey Ovus, i found another one for you to look at. But I'm betting that if I got it, you did too.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

does anyone know about the verizon contract coming to NC? i was informed consolidated is getting/has the verizon contract. what does verizon even have in the ground in western NC? att, level 3, and some time warner fibers are all that i was aware of. anyone have more info?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567