Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utiliquest Loses Atmos Gas Contract

Default Utiliquest Loses Atmos Gas Contract

It was divulged today that Consolidated (?CUS) and Heath will split the new Atmos gas contract in Texas. Utiliquest will be left with the Verizon contract only and there are conflicting stories as to whether they will stay around with only the 1 contract.

The word on the street is that both Consolidated and Heath substantially underbid Utiliquest and USIC and are only offering $15 per hr to experienced locators. Sounds like what happened in La.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Utiliquest Loses Atmos Gas Contract

Spray aren't you the one that said cus didn't show for the meeting with atmos? Don't see any problem starting people at 15.00 to sort out the p.o.s. jerk offs that screw the company and fellow locator's, if they deserve more they will get it.

TMO
    Years of Experience

We still have Verizon , Perdenales , and Comcast. Not that it matters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Spray aren't you the one that said cus didn't show for the meeting with atmos? Don't see any problem starting people at 15.00 to sort out the p.o.s. jerk offs that screw the company and fellow locator's, if they deserve more they will get it.
    That's what we were told - maybe CUS had an in already. I believe Yahoo could better inform us as to the CUS pay scale. Heath has a starting rate of $12 for newbies and are offering more to experienced Locators. More will be known tomorrow after some of the Locators attend Heath's Job Fair in Dallas.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Heath posted a job listing on locatorjobs.com

http://www.locatorjobs.com/job/texas...chnicians/1586
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Anyone that has been around for a while knows that UQ has been losing the contracts throughout their footprint for some time and for obvious reasons.. You can not treat customers the way that they have been treated. I often read how they are underbid and that is how they are losing the work, this is actually not the case. All of them are tired of the way their plant has been cared for and just like the majority of their employees are tired of corporate antics as well. The business does not need all the bs that has been shoved down the throats of the employees and customers for nearly 3 years now, ask yourselves this, did your work get any easier with the crap that they were giving you? GPS, driving camera, computers with the fancy little drawing tools? The technology was for not and they are quickly becoming a company of the past. What California and the East coast is going to keep the company afloat? I would think not, and for the Texas work, it would seem by the comments above they will run away as they have all the other states that they lost as well. For the employees, "who really matter throughout all of this", it is sad that the company put them through all the torment, but it is time that the customers stand up to them and hopefully UQ will see the errors in their ways and remove the idiots from the organization and put them back in Dycom where they belong and let the business get back to what it needs to be and that is completing tickets and protecting the public!!!!

Has anything been said about the geographic boundaries for the new companies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Smith11111 View Post
    Anyone that has been around for a while knows that UQ has been losing the contracts throughout their footprint for some time and for obvious reasons.. You can not treat customers the way that they have been treated. I often read how they are underbid and that is how they are losing the work, this is actually not the case. All of them are tired of the way their plant has been cared for and just like the majority of their employees are tired of corporate antics as well. The business does not need all the bs that has been shoved down the throats of the employees and customers for nearly 3 years now, ask yourselves this, did your work get any easier with the crap that they were giving you? GPS, driving camera, computers with the fancy little drawing tools? The technology was for not and they are quickly becoming a company of the past. What California and the East coast is going to keep the company afloat? I would think not, and for the Texas work, it would seem by the comments above they will run away as they have all the other states that they lost as well. For the employees, "who really matter throughout all of this", it is sad that the company put them through all the torment, but it is time that the customers stand up to them and hopefully UQ will see the errors in their ways and remove the idiots from the organization and put them back in Dycom where they belong and let the business get back to what it needs to be and that is completing tickets and protecting the public!!!!

You think Utliquest is bad, come work for USIC for a week and you will be begging Utiliquest to hire you back.

V.O is bad enough, S.M not a f'in chance. I know what you guys go through, with little Dictator!!!!

I agree...UQ was once a Great company to work for......they took care of their clients and employees......they've lost their focus, they've lost what "got them to the dance"..... They have upper management that couldn't locate their on ASS!!!! You lead by example...To be in this business....you have to know this business, unfortunately they have replaced knowledgeable people with people who know theory of locating?????

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

***Spoiler Alert***

I can see where this is going. Please don't use names and we can keep the discussion open.

Thanks
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

<Covering Eyes> No, don't spoil this one for me Steve. I just gotta know how this ends up....LOL
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Utiliquest was one of the best companies I have worked for. To bad they are headed down the same path as so many locating companies

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Smith11111 View Post
    I do not see a feasible path that could reverse Utiliquest. The current driving ideas are now deeply ingrained into the Utiliquest managers from foreman all the way to CEO, everybody in-between. The idea that well trained motivated employees, including managers, can be replaced by technology. Also that any warm body will do to be a locator. The idea of having cheaper employees are better than having well paid, knowledgeable, motivated employees.

Dycom by it's nature micromanages the companies it buys controlling interest in. For them to change to a position where they hire people knowledgeable of the firms they own and then just stand aside and let those people make money for them is unlikely. For this to happen the bulk of Dycom managers would have to be replaced. This is unlikely becasue despite statements Dycom has not made a real profit in many years. For a publicly traded corporation, like Dycom, profits are measured by their stock dividends and Dycom stock has not paid dividends in many years. Dycom exists to provide salaries, along with bonuses, for it's managers. These managers are in charge and they are not going to fire themselves from their gravy jobs.

For Utiliquest to turn around it's controlling interest of stock would need be sold off by Dycom. The new owner of the stock would need to be willing to wait for a return in their money so that profits could be poured back into the company to build it back up. We are looking at over $120,000,000 in stock and no big firm invests that sum without demanded a healthy return and quickly.

Latest info today was Heath got 2 of the areas and Consolidated got the other - no info as to details of areas other than Heath is supposed to have the Northernmost areas.. Some of the UQ Locators have been recommended/promised jobs with Heath per UQ Mgmt. I know 1 experienced Locator that was told today, by Heath, they would pay him $16 per hr if he makes it thru the interview process. Heath also is advising that they are hiring 60 Locators.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast