Thread: Utiliquest # 2

Years of Experience

Default Utiliquest # 2

the next thing I want to add to the list of good things about my company is a bonus that the company offered . Now you can call it what you want, going away present, severance pay, retention bonus, whatever,,,,,,,,,,,what I call it,,,,,is what it is........a gift from Utiliquest.....I will not say what it is exactly but it is over 1000 dollars! every last person no matter what their position gets this gift! what I have not seen through the years is any other company giving this out.....a bonus, yes, one that large, NO!!! Thank you Utiliquest!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: Utiliquest # 2

yahoo sorry to hear you're giving up locating hope all goes well for you when gpls lost the quest contract years ago everyone that stayed till the end of the contract got the same bonus it was based on years of service and was quire sizable even for the new guys.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I cannot consider that $1,000 bonus any type of incentive at all, maybe the pay for a moderately busy on-call.

In this economy if your company is closing and you find employment elsewhere you have to jump on it, that $1,000 does not begin to cover a period of unemployment.

Also many times the unemployment insurance considers the unpaid bonus as money due so you lose a weeks unemployment, that cuts that $1,000 down a bit.

If you can't get another job before the company closes then that bonus is a nice thing but for staying on at the firm it is sucker money.

Years of Experience

yes you get another job before the company closes as you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    I cannot consider that $1,000 bonus any type of incentive at all, maybe the pay for a moderately busy on-call.

In this economy if your company is closing and you find employment elsewhere you have to jump on it, that $1,000 does not begin to cover a period of unemployment.

Also many times the unemployment insurance considers the unpaid bonus as money due so you lose a weeks unemployment, that cuts that $1,000 down a bit.

If you can't get another job before the company closes then that bonus is a nice thing but for staying on at the firm it is sucker money.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Years of Experience

yahoo I'm not trying to bash what uq is doing just pointing out other companies do these thins also and pro i don't think i said 1000 dollars anywhere mine was several thousand and if you company closes completely in a state you are due much better state benefits such as retraining for other careers

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be. Will any company give me a bonus of that size?