• 1 Post By utiliquesternomo
  • 2 Post By Mke
  • 2 Post By Bad Robot
  • 4 Post By PokerAdam
  • 2 Post By elvee
  • 1 Post By Rick Voght

Thread: Usic is the worst

Default Usic is the worst

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF THIS CRAP COMPANY BUT HERE IN OHIO USIC IS THE WORST. OUR DISTRICT MANAGER J. R. HAS TO BE THE DUMBEST MUTHAF**KER AROUND. THATS JUST THE BEGINING, THE REST OF THE SUPERVISORS FOR THE MOST PART DONT HAVE A CLUE WHATS GOING ON AND TO TOP IT UP THERES EVEN A BUTCH THAT HAS NO BUSINESS SUPERVISING. REALLY SHE SHOULD BE WORKING AT STANELY STEAMER CLEANING CARPETS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....SHES GOT TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING....http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/im...ies/tongue.png. ONE DAY THEY ARE TELLING US TO DO SOMETHING THIS WAY AND THEN A FEW DAYS LATER THEY WRITE US UP FOR DOING THE WAY THEY SHOWED US. I AM CURIOUS TO SEE IF THE REST OF THIS COMPANY IS AS F*CKED UP AS OURS IN OHIO.http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/im...ilies/bonk.gif

Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic is the worst

Well, it's nice to know that USIC hasn't changed. Never missed it ,never will lol.
    flagsrme likes this.

Years of Experience

Sounds like the usic i know execpt the butch part.... Idiots that do not know how to load manage.

Years of Experience

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by maddog79 View Post
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF THIS CRAP COMPANY BUT HERE IN OHIO USIC IS THE WORST. OUR DISTRICT MANAGER J. R. HAS TO BE THE DUMBEST MUTHAF**KER AROUND. THATS JUST THE BEGINING, THE REST OF THE SUPERVISORS FOR THE MOST PART DONT HAVE A CLUE WHATS GOING ON AND TO TOP IT UP THERES EVEN A BUTCH THAT HAS NO BUSINESS SUPERVISING. REALLY SHE SHOULD BE WORKING AT STANELY STEAMER CLEANING CARPETS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....SHES GOT TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING....http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/im...ies/tongue.png. ONE DAY THEY ARE TELLING US TO DO SOMETHING THIS WAY AND THEN A FEW DAYS LATER THEY WRITE US UP FOR DOING THE WAY THEY SHOWED US. I AM CURIOUS TO SEE IF THE REST OF THIS COMPANY IS AS F*CKED UP AS OURS IN OHIO.http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/im...ilies/bonk.gif

Another coward with a keyboard. Insulting women. Crying. All these horrible people and you still can't get a promotion. It's a conspiracy. It can't be your piss poor attitude. It's always someone elses fault. That cut you got hit with? The horrible investigator's fault. That other damage? Those lazy contractors. Don't worry. If you changed careers, you'd still be miserable. I pity your wife and/or anyone that has to live or work around you. Trust me. They are sick of the complaining about everything in your life. Find another job. Lordy, if I hated my job as much as you hate yours, I'd throw myself from the tallest bridge. Relax. Take up knitting. Throw darts. Adopt a kitty. FIND ANOTHER JOB! Locating will never make you happy. Actually , nothing will.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience
    na

and lets not stop there -

I was on an emergency yesterday with a bge crew (their client now) for a BGE power outage and the Usic locator tells the Bge guys the cable was around 9 ft deep and how he had a 4000 and knew how accurate the depth was...

Well, he skee daddled to leave these guys making calls to get other supplies and another reel of primary etc etc to reroute this primary and everything else because of this depth estimate this clown spat out and then ran off. So my Vz was supposed to be BJ and I marked mine in approximate same area and yeah it seemed deep... But I know better to swear by or even rough estimate with my Rd and probably the lot of em. Mine said 22' btw. So I stayed long enough to let em dig a little more and extended my marks because this area was in the vicinity of a drain pipe so they may had need to dig up areas back 20 ft to each side where the line may rise back up to do a double splice. I don't know the full needs for the repair but they needed a larger area located than the USIC locator had marked and run off in 5 seconds.

So I jumped in the hole that after 10 minutes they dug @ about 4 1/2 ' and put it on passive to help these guys stay on course with their hand digging. Well turns out the Rd was screaming at this spot so I grabbed and moved a shovel full of dirt while in the hole and low and behold the gas was right there. And it was supposed to be BJ as well. See these USIC guys have no dedication in the field... Just a horrible bunch that were new to begin with after training and jumping ship from Utiliquest to capture .50 or a buc ...

So what you got is a buncha rookie retreads !!!! holy geez !!!

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

This sounds horrible, but this example is not just USIC. Its contract locating in general. There are some good contract locators out there who give a crap, but for the most part they don't know any better. I have a new guy who has 12 yrs of contract locating under his belt. The other day he told me that at his last job they never had to count conduits. How and the hell are you supposed to know what is in the field and compare them to the prints if you don't have the training to tell you to always second guess the prints?

He said he never had the experience of comparing the cables in conduits. For example; in one pull box you have a 480circut with brown yellow and green, and then the next box should have those same colors and count. He however was drawing the signal into boxes that didn't have that circut.

Just saying.

Mke
    Bad Robot and flagsrme like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    This sounds horrible, but this example is not just USIC. Its contract locating in general. There are some good contract locators out there who give a crap, but for the most part they don't know any better. I have a new guy who has 12 yrs of contract locating under his belt. The other day he told me that at his last job they never had to count conduits. How and the hell are you supposed to know what is in the field and compare them to the prints if you don't have the training to tell you to always second guess the prints?

He said he never had the experience of comparing the cables in conduits. For example; in one pull box you have a 480circut with brown yellow and green, and then the next box should have those same colors and count. He however was drawing the signal into boxes that didn't have that circut.

Just saying.

Mke
    This isn't even remotely horrible friend, the horrible part is that this is the status quo. In my area of the Midwest, I can't count the number of "good" contract guys I know, on one hand. The majority of those who were around just a short while ago, are gone, either driven out by the bean counters, or left because they couldn't stand working under the conditions they had. You know it's got to be bad when people are leaving in this economy.

And I said it before, and I'll say it again. Some of the best all around locators I know are contract guys. The few I know who are still around have had the talent, fortitude and good fortune to be able to still do a good job every day, and most of that is because they care about what they are doing, and the public safety at large. They have also had to do this job while self educating themselves in the field, and through sites such as this one. I'm glad that they care enough to take what they do on a daily basis seriously. I wish I could say the same for those running their companies.
    daman1 and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. USIC is no better or worse than any other contract locating company out there. (JAFLC) The constant rant on here about how horrible these companies are is proof that the industry needs to change. There has been alot of talk about unions, but that has not (and will not) come to fruition. Certification is definitely a way to improve things, except it does not address the "bean counters" out there managing the industry. So I will harken back to one of the first thing I learned about doing this job - learn the ropes, don't complain, overdeliver on expectations, always be available to help, CYA, and try to mentor the new meat for the grinder and hope you get enough talented individuals so that you are not constantly doing the hardest locates everyday all the time because no one else can or will.
    Complainers will complain, doers do. The company never changes (even if the sticker on your truck does).
    Locator in NY, yahoo, Mke and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PokerAdam View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. USIC is no better or worse than any other contract locating company out there. (JAFLC) The constant rant on here about how horrible these companies are is proof that the industry needs to change. There has been alot of talk about unions, but that has not (and will not) come to fruition. Certification is definitely a way to improve things, except it does not address the "bean counters" out there managing the industry. So I will harken back to one of the first thing I learned about doing this job - learn the ropes, don't complain, overdeliver on expectations, always be available to help, CYA, and try to mentor the new meat for the grinder and hope you get enough talented individuals so that you are not constantly doing the hardest locates everyday all the time because no one else can or will.
    Complainers will complain, doers do. The company never changes (even if the sticker on your truck does).
    Amen!! You just made the lights go off everywhere! Great answer bro!

Years of Experience

Sounds about right...

Years of Experience

When I go to emergencies for Delmarva Power, I mark what they ask me to or the crew will ask me to wait till they thump the line in which case I go out there with my gear and help them find the fault. Once we find it , I give them a good hundred foot radius. Then I stay and wait for them to expose the line and find the fault. I have been doing this for 7 years and they appreciate this.

Other contractors is a little different. I show up, ask them what's going on, they tell me what they need and I go mark it out. When I finish, I tell them what I have underground. As far as depth goes, all the contractors that know me...know that the depth is never correct.

Having a good relationship with contractors goes a long way with making your job better and easier.
    Locator in NY and daman1 like this.

truth be known no equipment is correct on depth unless you have as-builts. i have had contractors harass me for depths i refuse to. I just simply tell them i wont be liable for a false depth reading because as yall know our transmitters emit a wavelength signal. and like i tell contractors my reciever could be reading a high point or low. But USIC is a cutting corners type of company in all truth. They buy the best equipment but they lack in training. The illinois guys here all though good people not bashing that i just think they are trained poorly. and that poor training causes peoples careers to come to a quick halt.
    yahoo likes this.