Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usic/smp/cls

Default Usic/smp/cls

Okay, we might as well get a thread started. Has anyone else received their yearly 3 % raise? We can't even keep up with inflation. I sure hoped it might be better under the new company.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Banned

Default check this out

Link removed
    Last edited by TheCableVine; May 15th, 2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Removed Spammy Link

Default whats with the union crap? lets protect the weak some more!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UNIONS suck! Low man on the pole gets no work. Old fat and lazy with seniority sit around an get paid to do nothing. And get all the overtime. Sounds great if you are high up in seniority!

I was trying to start a thread that is important to me at this moment. Now Locatingart has to interject his Union site onto this thread and get us off the topic. Listen Locart, if you don't want to make a bunch of enemies just start a thread about your activities interest etc. and don't step on everyone else's.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Locart quit spreading your union BS here. If we wanted to go union we would have already

Years of Experience

spray still waiting for my raise.............had my worst year last year...3 hits all small though.........i am hoping for at least 50 cents

Years of Experience

Spray I guess my glass is always half full but I still think anything that comes from the new buyout/merger won't take affect until the next fiscal year. I sure know that 3 percent is almost like a kick in the teeth but I wouldn't blame the new company just yet. Give them a chance, they are still trying to fix all the BS from alot of old management.

Years of Experience

I've been through at least three changes from one company to another, be through loss of a contract or buy out, and found myself better off when eveything washed out. Most of the time this involved better (newer) equipment, better pay and in one case a better position. I'd like to believe that this had as much (if not more) to do with my abilities being valued as being a little lucky. I'm looking for to this streak to continue on a positive track.

I haven't seen 3% since........since.uh........um...... that's right, I haven't since we had that pay freeze. 3% was supposed to be the median raise(6% was the tops), not the maximum. But some DM's thought this to be a way to line their pockets a little more by controling more costs. My pitiful raises are not from performance issues. But from the fact that I had a tendancy to rock the boat a little. The average raise around here has been around 1.5 to 2%. By the way, most reviews were changed by the former DM here before they were given to the locator. I'm getting off track, need to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Spray I guess my glass is always half full but I still think anything that comes from the new buyout/merger won't take affect until the next fiscal year. I sure know that 3 percent is almost like a kick in the teeth but I wouldn't blame the new company just yet. Give them a chance, they are still trying to fix all the BS from alot of old management.
    I'm trying to remain positive until I see the changes that will take place and am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to wait until next year to see if the new co. makes a difference. I have noticed that SMP seems to be getting stricter on some of their rules - wonder if Middle Mgmt is trying to impress the new ownership?

Banned

Default Raise

I received my 10% raise today from SM&P Life is good. But we need to be union so are jobs are protectedmore information to come. Please hold all questions till all the information is available.

Years of Experience

Angry

Ohh whatever not another frigin union topic

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    . I have noticed that SMP seems to be getting stricter on some of their rules - wonder if Middle Mgmt is trying to impress the new ownership?
    You are correct sir, they are. Because that's how they were trained be Shively etc. They are going to have a rough go of it with this new group. These guys are HARDCORE and I've seen what they will do with a company...

On a side note, I did get my 3%. I had to raise hell for six straight weeks to get it, but I got it. Which is good, because our DM was just telling part of our group here that NO ONE is getting any raises during our Chicago merger with CLS.

But I think he was talking about the bump some guys expect when we take phone on top of our already huge workload. Which is going to get him in hot water with many of us, because he told another group that they will get a bump to raise the level to the CLS pay average, which is higher......

Now you can call me a "glass is half empty guy", and that's fine, but for SM&P it's just business as usual.

Anything having to do with money, and they can't seem to operate like the family lovin', hard working, down home boys they portray themselves to be.

They are tighter than two coats of paint......

And don't even get me started on their "business model" here in Chicago..

You mean it is a cluster*uck?
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast