Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Usic put on notice

Default Usic put on notice

In Michigan, Consumers Power put USIC on notice. Usic must get their on time issues under control or lost the contract. Should be interesting.

Default Re: Usic put on notice

USIC will learn there lesson the hard way. GPS and all there slave policies will be there downfall.... Never bite the hand that feeds you....and thats exactly what they are doing to there techs. USIC have pissed off the people who pays the bills. Now it is starting to show. Michigans consumer power will be one of the many to fall. The more contracts USIC lose, the more gps looks like a terrible decision. I hope USIC looses every contract they have for treating there employees like expendables slaves.

USIC=USUK

Years of Experience

those threats go up everywhere in every state......we'll see what happens.....????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

You guys do realize that many, many of these utilities ASK and WANT locate companies to have GPS in their vehicles before a contract is awarded right ???

They like to see it because it shows the locate company has proactive measures in place to cut down on un-productive time.

Now what the locate company CHOOSES to do with their GPS units is something entirely different.

For the most part I'm pretty sure we are ALL in agreement that they are generally used for spying and pushing for more more more. Just make no mistake that it is ALL the locate companies fault (this is NOT a defense, just an observation based on some facts).

Years of Experience

These companies get their cages rattled by the customer all the time. They don't live under a rock. They know that the contract locating companies they employ jack their employees around daily, weekly, hourly etc. And BTW, MOST of the scare tactics used by the big boys of contract locating were ripped off wholesale from the giant utility company playbook.

They just get pissed when the dicking around starts to cost them money and/or credibility.

Years of Experience
    15+

so let me see you slow down to protest gps the company loses contract because your not ontime to locates now they have to cut head count because not enough money coming in as your fellow locator i would say thanks for making me find a new job

Mke
    Years of Experience

As for the Utility Company requiring the GPS units, I have worked with the local gas company, and one of our local Power companies and both require GPS on all their vehicles, as well as their contracted vehicles. Not ot verify the loation of the worker during the average work day, but to be able to track them in case of emergencies. For example. The Gas company has an "idiot" check it button. when the vehicles are not in motion the computer will ding an alarm to get If this alarm is not answered the Dispatcher will call the Gas locator them selves to make sure everything is ok. If the gas work does not answer they reference the GPS tracker and send the nearest field tech to stop by to make sure the worker is O.k..

For me, this is the only situation that the GPS trackers are great for. Both in private locating, and when I was marking for publics, I always had rural routes and would be miles away civilization. I have stuck and out of cellphone range as well as in range of careless hunters. Having the ability to find lost workers would be great, but unfortunately thats not what the contract locating companies use it for.

mke

Years of Experience

All this talk about GPS !!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!. If you guys really want something done about it, Well you all put some serious money together, give it to me, and i'll shoot that damn satellite right out of space........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flagsrme View Post
    In Michigan, Consumers Power put USIC on notice. Usic must get their on time issues under control or lost the contract. Should be interesting.
    Are they behind again?

Every week. At one time they had 3000 late tickets for one team. USIC fire or people quick faster then they can hire. It's the same thing that happens every year. But this is the first time that Consumers Power ever put USIC on notice that I knew about.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I am betting one thought that does not occur to the mangers of firms like USIC is that no matter what they do the outcome of their company efforts will be determined by their field workers, not in some board room. Maybe everyone is dragging their heals, or just working to the letter of all those counter productive rules, letting the company fail. If things get bad enough the employees figure such a firm will continue to cut their pay, cheat them in the employee's mind, or fire them as scapegoats for the bad production or damages. So they figure why not just take the company down with them. They figure maybe they will get a job with the new firm to get the contract of if nothing else get unemployment.

Another thing that happens with constant pay and benefits cuts is the the employees feel justified in creating OT to make up for lost wages.

I am not saying any of the things I mentioned above are right, I just am saying these things happen and the reasons for them happening.

We can reschedule tickets for a later date so they don't count against our on time percentage. That's been our managements solution to us being overloaded and understaffed. Just reschedule everything. Half the tickets on your board can be late, but as long as the utility companies are still seeing 100% completed on time then USIC thinks everything is A-OK.

Years of Experience

Last I checked, this is a free country, if you don't like the GPS or whatever other policies there are... QUIT! I have never understoond why people complain so freaking much, while cashing the freaking PAY CHECKS. Go flip burgers! or stand in the unemployement line with the millions that would love to take your job.
    Mark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by locatingsince1986 View Post
    Last I checked, this is a free country, if you don't like the GPS or whatever other policies there are... QUIT! I have never understoond why people complain so freaking much, while cashing the freaking PAY CHECKS. Go flip burgers! or stand in the unemployement line with the millions that would love to take your job.
    Wow dude, you got management stamped on your ass..or your head up ones ass! You are correct, this is a free country and ALL are entitled to their opinion. Unfortunately the opinions expressed here seem to jive with each other regarding a specific company and there is truth in numbers. If you can't handle it go elsewhere.

WOW! you can tell he's in a position where he probly doesn't use a locator anymore! Don't forget your shield of protection when you jam it up some poor "melting in the hot sun" locators ass. iron fist from 86!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast