Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fiberlocator99

Thread: USIC have 3 FPL Fibernet Damages within the First 30 Day's of New Contract

Years of Experience
    30+

Default USIC have 3 FPL Fibernet Damages within the First 30 Day's of New Contract

Within the first 30 day's of USIC picking up the FPL Fibernet contract USIC has 3 damages and 2 were unmarked. The 3rd I really have no info on but USIC was the locator. This goes to show that USIC men and women are overworked and underpaid.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...arlotte-County

Default Re: USIC have 3 FPL Fibernet Damages within the First 30 Day's of New Contract

sweet! i love it! when will companies learn that usic is not the best. they are low balling ticket price turd faces.. you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!
    union_YES and superstaker like this.

Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC have 3 FPL Fibernet Damages within the First 30 Day's of New Contract

The third one I'm pretty sure was in Tampa at the Veteran's expansion project.
    It was marked correctly, the construction co. hit it anyway and knocked our VZ cell service out for about 2 hrs. two Fridays ago.

Years of Experience
    30+

The Tampa one USIC did not mark. FACT because I am the one who had it marked for XO. USIC did not mark FPL and that one was not included in the 3 total. I had both XO and FPL marked and they are going after the contractor. Always remember offsets and pictures speaks a thousands of words.

dscn1923.jpgdscn1924.jpgdscn1904.jpgdscn1905.jpgdscn1906.jpg
    Last edited by UULC; January 31st, 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Years of Experience
    many

Can they really splice fiber back together at the exact point of the damage? I always thought they had to replace fiber in sections of strand in order to fix a damage.

Years of Experience

First of all, That news just made me very happy!!! I have been out of work for a month now trying to survive on unemployment. When I drive down the road on my way to job interviews I see white lined ares where a bore is being shot across a road and I don't see any marks where their should be!!! I'm just waiting and praying... I've noticed that all over my old area.

Thanks for the good news! And UULC from those pictures it sure looks close to that manhole was they drove those pilings! How could they not see that their was vault that close???
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Years of Experience
    30+

I can pass on some more facts. USIC ppl have been told to code out FPL Power & Fibernet as marked and not to let them go late because the are penalized. I know they have over 500 late tickets every day and are forced to work saturdays on ot. We have had 3 solid days of rain here so I can only think that number will only go higher.

The reason USIC got the Fibernet was because they already had the power contract and the FPL higher ups wanted one contract locate firm to locate everything. FPL mgmt does not know this and it would be nice for them to find out.

Just sayin.

Years of Experience

UULC; I knew about the fact that they did the power and some new higher-up wanted the one locating company to do everything and that Stake Center couldn't cover the whole state. I'm still hopeful that by some miracle someone wises up and decides to ask us back. I guess I'm the glass half full kind of guy
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    The Tampa one USIC did not mark. FACT because I am the one who had it marked for XO. USIC did not mark FPL and that one was not included in the 3 total. I had both XO and FPL marked and they are going after the contractor. Always remember offsets and pictures speaks a thousands of words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1923.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	1141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1924.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	1142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1904.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	1143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1905.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	1144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1906.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	1145
    Thank you for clarifying...

Blog Entries

no but if it is in conduit they can pull slack and put a spice in the same spot

Years of Experience
    30+

They had to replace 1700' of 432 fiber due to it being pinched in the slack coil on both ends.

Years of Experience

it is NOT looking good for USIc !!!! I think a sell-out is very close ......
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato