Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    I got the email about the new invester about how usic wants to be number 1 and will start eating up other locate companies to make up for the contracts we have lost, are losing. Any info?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,525
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by fiberlocator99 View Post
    I got the email about the new invester about how usic wants to be number 1 and will start eating up other locate companies to make up for the contracts we have lost, are losing. Any info?
    No direct info but what your e-mail says is the new investor has okayed the expenditure of funds to buy stock in other firms in takeover bids.

    Why bid on contracts when you can buy them?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    thats what they did with cls. i wonder who usic will try to aquire next..... hmmmmmm

  4. #4
    Senior Member sprayandpray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    2,120
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    They have also been claiming they are coming up with new technology to better serve the customer. I guess they meant GPS??
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !


    It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !


    The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    u.p
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    They have also been claiming they are coming up with new technology to better serve the customer. I guess they meant GPS??
    i hate gps .. you cant even stop to use the restroom .. come on loosen up the silly gps grip !!!!
    if they want productivity start treating the tecs like adults

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    chinaland
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    USIC sucks donkey nuggets! It is in my humble opinion that i find the lack of natural born respect to be appalling. The sheer demand for bringing in low waged workers to place high dollar expectations on them coupled with the fear that you will never have job security, unless you die or quit. i have seen too many people get canned or just up and quit because of the lack of honest to goodness support that is needed in nurturing new folks out in the field. i can honestly tell you, i am not happy with the place, and am looking forward to leaving relatively soon. i have been looking forward to the day in which i leave this place since after my first month out in the field. i thought i had it in me to do this job, which some people brag about hearing employees chiding how they are amazed that one gets paid to do THIS! everyday it is reaffirmed how the -- warm-body theory has more precedence in this corporation than trying to work retention as a viable solution. giving employees the satisfaction that they can count on the company to support them, instead of second guessing their move, would prevent more cataclysmic loss of man-power. the stress is too much for someone who makes the same amount of money that someone in the same shoes was making, coming into the company, five years ago. 13 bucks an hour -- whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooey. it's interesting to hear people who have been in the field from other companies that lost contracts, for over 5 or even ten years, only making a couple of dollars more an hour than me. i am still kind of chapped about my interview, having had so much steam blown of my proverbial ass. SURE, you can make more money, SURE, you can make the ranks, SURE, we dont have any issues with work force retention, SURE, we are flexible -- if you need to take care of your family, we wont interfere ---- oh, i need to take off a couple of hours early, after having worked a 70 hour week, just to go pick up my kids ----- uhhh, yeah, go ahead BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK THE WEEKEND. Dont tell me not to hold any grudges. i am painfully aware at how atrocious the economy is, but that isnt a legitimate excuse to treat people like shit. BTW, the little people who got stepped on, WILL leave in droves when the job market opens up for them, if thats the corporate mentality you consider adhering to so stringently. mind you, this is just my humble opinion, only having been employed by the company for 6 months, which was 6 months too long... ... and oh yeah, PAUL PROSPERO -- if you have the time to devise the shittiest safety scheme known to man -- the shield of protection -- harnessing many man hours with your cutesy lil plagiarized coat of arms with the bold letters -- USIC -- to commit themselves to the most retarded poses known to meerkats, groundhogs, and hobos alike -- then, you my dear safety counsel member, deserve a fate much worse than the ones you think you are helping to prevent. NOW, do us all a favor and go CHOKE ON YOUR SHIELD, if perhaps, you are in close proximity who is able to perform the coveted heimlich maneuver on you, your other painful option is to shove your S.O.P up your a55 sideways, and twist it around for good measure. remember, jesus loves you -- and cant wait to see you in hell

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    454
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by shitbiskitz View Post
    USIC sucks donkey nuggets! It is in my humble opinion that i find the lack of natural born respect to be appalling. The sheer demand for bringing in low waged workers to place high dollar expectations on them coupled with the fear that you will never have job security, unless you die or quit. i have seen too many people get canned or just up and quit because of the lack of honest to goodness support that is needed in nurturing new folks out in the field. i can honestly tell you, i am not happy with the place, and am looking forward to leaving relatively soon. i have been looking forward to the day in which i leave this place since after my first month out in the field. i thought i had it in me to do this job, which some people brag about hearing employees chiding how they are amazed that one gets paid to do THIS! everyday it is reaffirmed how the -- warm-body theory has more precedence in this corporation than trying to work retention as a viable solution. giving employees the satisfaction that they can count on the company to support them, instead of second guessing their move, would prevent more cataclysmic loss of man-power. the stress is too much for someone who makes the same amount of money that someone in the same shoes was making, coming into the company, five years ago. 13 bucks an hour -- whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooey. it's interesting to hear people who have been in the field from other companies that lost contracts, for over 5 or even ten years, only making a couple of dollars more an hour than me. i am still kind of chapped about my interview, having had so much steam blown of my proverbial ass. SURE, you can make more money, SURE, you can make the ranks, SURE, we dont have any issues with work force retention, SURE, we are flexible -- if you need to take care of your family, we wont interfere ---- oh, i need to take off a couple of hours early, after having worked a 70 hour week, just to go pick up my kids ----- uhhh, yeah, go ahead BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK THE WEEKEND. Dont tell me not to hold any grudges. i am painfully aware at how atrocious the economy is, but that isnt a legitimate excuse to treat people like shit. BTW, the little people who got stepped on, WILL leave in droves when the job market opens up for them, if thats the corporate mentality you consider adhering to so stringently. mind you, this is just my humble opinion, only having been employed by the company for 6 months, which was 6 months too long... ... and oh yeah, PAUL PROSPERO -- if you have the time to devise the shittiest safety scheme known to man -- the shield of protection -- harnessing many man hours with your cutesy lil plagiarized coat of arms with the bold letters -- USIC -- to commit themselves to the most retarded poses known to meerkats, groundhogs, and hobos alike -- then, you my dear safety counsel member, deserve a fate much worse than the ones you think you are helping to prevent. NOW, do us all a favor and go CHOKE ON YOUR SHIELD, if perhaps, you are in close proximity who is able to perform the coveted heimlich maneuver on you, your other painful option is to shove your S.O.P up your a55 sideways, and twist it around for good measure. remember, jesus loves you -- and cant wait to see you in hell
    And that was one of the "happy" employees mind you.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member locator00566's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Better Place
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    USIC is the worst locating firm out there. Never thought a locating firm could make so many bad decision. I do not know one happy employee. Every minute of everyday, I struggle to keep my truck from running itself into a tree and just end this misery fest of a job.

    USIC=USUK

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14
    Years of Experience
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Dude, you should quit.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    chinaland
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by cableunderground View Post
    Dude, you should quit.
    dude, you neednt worry about that. the wheels are already in motion. thanks for looking out for the company though - they need kin like you...

  11. #11
    Member nopaint4you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    That shield of protection stuff really is stupid........ should be more like F.U.B ....................... Foot up butt

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    chinaland
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Quote Originally Posted by shitbiskitz View Post
    dude, you neednt worry about that. the wheels are already in motion. thanks for looking out for the company though - they need kin like you...
    well, dont i feel like a schnitzel -- that apparently was meant for the suicidal locator -- yeah, if a company makes you wanna kill yourself, then, i agree, perhaps get some major damages or find another profession that is less likely to impact your self-worth. i do agree with you though -- this job blows ass as i denoted in my longwinded diatribe for justice. i will certainly miss the camaraderie that i never got to participate in. if you do by chance feel like driving your truck into a tree, make sure you are not in it -- remember -- SHIELD OF PROTECTION -- then, perhaps pauly(prospero) can snap a pic of you with your leg under the tire or some shit and forewarn all of us of impending danger from lack of self-worth for working at such a shitty godless company.

  13. #13
    Senior Member locator00566's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Better Place
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Just a figure of speech. Not trying to kill myself. Just trying to explain how bad things are here. I would quit, but they have me by the nads. The economy is bad in my area, and I have a family to support. Believe me, I already have one foot out the door. As soon as I can find something else, my truck will be sitting on the side of the road, locked, with the truck running and a pictuce of my middle finger for whoever comes to pick it up. 10 years of loving my job and only 6 months os USIC policies to make want to switch careers.

    USIC=USUK

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    chinaland
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    [QUOTE=pipehorn king;28812]Just a figure of speech. Not trying to kill myself. Just trying to explain how bad things are here. I would quit, but they have me by the nads. The economy is bad in my area, and I have a family to support. Believe me, I already have one foot out the door. As soon as I can find something else, my truck will be sitting on the side of the road, locked, with the truck running and a pictuce of my middle finger for whoever comes to pick it up. 10 years of loving my job and only 6 months os USIC policies to make want to switch careers.


    Perhaps we could petition Paul Prospero to come up with another cute scheme for safety -- mental safety. instead of a shield of protection, he could devise a hardhat of sanity or something. I am certain he is just THAT creative. Some of those pics and annotations that are emailed every other day just make me --- ooooooo and ahhhhh at how brilliant his crack team of demographics specialists are working this particular ad campaign. here is a page out of his book....... lets see here, there are people out in the field who dont know much about safety, even though there are safety messages being shoved down their throats, the contingencies for working, and just everyday common sense seem to elude them -- i think i have come upon a brilliant and sage approach to satirizing safety so that they FINALLY get the message --- we will INSULT everyones intelligence, complain about how there isnt any money, make the short staffed areas work even harder, PROTECT the labor pool from becoming greedy little swine like us corporate officials by kindly taking their raises they deserve away from them -- and hey, lets pay people to act like total morons and carry around this goofy assed shield. meanwhile, never living above reproach -- maintain the shield -- front and center -- but, dont worry about the CONES that are SUPPOSED to be out around the truck during the picture shoot, when the truck is OBVIOUSLY parked on the side of the road. You see, everyone of the USIC camaraderie club -- the corporate officals DO care about us -- its only an infinitesimal amount for a fraction of a second -- long enough for the bean counters to see how much money they can save by having a bunch of robots not getting hurt so they can buy trucks that tell them where we are at all times. i certainly feel so much safer knowing corporate USIC is working for ME --- ahem, i mean the stockholders. maybe us locators could take a page out of the playbook of the factory in china that manufactures the iphone for apple -- we could all act like lemmings in plain view of a cliff......

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is usic getting stronger or weaker?

    Usic is doomed
    It might have the worst management of any company in America
    Putting aside the fact that no one in management even has a clue to what locating entails
    The only qualification is how good you can kiss the but of who is above you
    And to use hindsight to prove how superior you are to the locators
    Just create a new policy after something happens
    Or find a way to monitor the stupid worthless lazy wasteful locators
    Why should a locator be able to waste time by going to a bathroom when he can crap in a bucket on the side of the truck or in his pants?
    Or leave the air on when its 90 degrees and humid out side
    Don’t forget how Darien wanted to get rid of the tenured locators and replace them with new hires that make less
    How long can they survive by buying up the competition when they lose the contract?
    Next time it goes up for bid it will go somewhere else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
A 'Rook Media' Website