Thread: USIC/CUS.............Any rumours of this merge?

Cool USIC/CUS.............Any rumours of this merge?

Anyone heard any rumours of USIC and Consolidated merging in the near future?

Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC/CUS.............Any rumours of this merge?

CLS or CUS???? if CUS then it is a rumor only if CLS then that has already taken place!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Yes c U s (Consolidated) ............. heard lots of talk about it going down but not sure on the seriouisness of it?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LocatorJoe View Post
    Yes c U s (Consolidated) ............. heard lots of talk about it going down but not sure on the seriouisness of it?
    Then God help the poor bastards at Consolidated!

USIC is nothing but a conglomeration of quickly purchased locate firms joined under one name. They became a locating company in 2008 with investor provided funds to purchase a couple of locate firms. They quickly became one of the most miserable companies to work for and seemed to even have surpassed Utiliquest, no small feat there.

For a company like this to grow they need to purchase other firms so they will put out money for this rather than to build up their existing workforce. Dycom works along much the same lines with their locating companies.

How serious the proposition is I cannot tell, but given the workings of USIC it is a possibility.

Years of Experience

If you want it to happen just mention it here on the 'vine. It seems like everytime someone posts about rumors then a few weeks or months later it happens.

At least USIC didn't immediately cut everyone's wages by $2 to $4 per hour like is being reported about the CUS takeover in Louisiana. Of course if UQ doesn't straighten up their workforce problem soon, they won't be here in N.Tex much longer.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    At least USIC didn't immediately cut everyone's wages by $2 to $4 per hour like is being reported about the CUS takeover in Louisiana. Of course if UQ doesn't straighten up their workforce problem soon, they won't be here in N.Tex much longer.
    If Utiliquest doesn't straighten up their workforce problem soon they won't be anywhere. I was discussing this with a UQ foreman yesterday regards a neighboring office that was having severe problems worse that his office was having. They lost a large percentage of their locators and his office was sending people over there to do tickets even though his office had also lost a lot of locators.

He said they had fired and replaced the area manager of at least one office and that several others were also dismissed. My reply was it was all too little too late. The employees were demoralized and no longer trusted the company. That any improvements would be regarded as temporary measures to soon be taken away again as all things were taken away in the past. They would catch a few employees with such tactics but the great majority were already lost and unrecoverable.

This mistrust cannot be overcome and I think the only way for Utiliquest to recover is for Dycom to sell off their majority interest. Only with a new owner will the locators see any hope. Of course if USIC bought them out, well that is just the same old story.