Thread: USIC bought Consolidated, so does that mean UtiliQuest Sucks that bad?????

Angry USIC bought Consolidated, so does that mean UtiliQuest Sucks that bad?????

I wanted to hear if the buying of Consolidated means the ship is sinking more for UQ??? Who is left??

Default Re: USIC bought Consolidated, so does that mean UtiliQuest Sucks that bad?????

Are their days numbered??? I hear alot of the RATS...are jumpping ship.....who's laughing NOW!!!! USIC will be the Biggest, Best, locating company in the WORLD.....bye, bye UQ.......kerplunk!!!!!!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default Re: USIC bought Consolidated, so does that mean UtiliQuest Sucks that bad?????

It might be the biggest but that doesn't mean it is the best. If it was the best why so much trashing on here and experienced locators leaving? With the wink wink shortcuts to get production up doesn't sound like something the best would do.

Years of Experience

Being the biggest and owned by a investment group would worry me. Investers always want to build to sell off. We used to be owned by on and cus president was out president before the investors sold us dycom. they have strict rules but the are financially solid and dont sell off their companies as they arent invesotrs. after several years of learning the locate field, they seem to have gotten their act together and are runiing things right. just be careful. if youre good, youll always have opportunites

Yeah biggest ,but not the best if best means quality. They will soon be shifting gears even more towards production or as they say so sly like " efficiency " as if it makes a difference what you call it you politicians. Really it's not about quality, even to most of their customers, they all talk about it but nobody wants to pay for it.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

I'm in an over-lap area where what we do calls for 24 per 8... ever since the deal came down, now all the sudden our goal got pushed to 30.... very sly.... that way when we start doing the extra utility.. they will say "Oh, I guess we can go back to 24 per to accomodate you fine locators for doing an extra utility"

hmmmmm... very slick...lol

I don't care what anyone says about production, err. sorry efficiency, i don't get anything extra for being fast. I am relatively quick, don't get me wrong, but i make sure my marks are accurate enough to not get a damage before i leave. After two years, if I go really really fast, but get a damage or too, i get nothing extra. However, if after two years, i have no damages, i get a nice quality bonus check. hmmmmm..... what shall i choose?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by deevol View Post
    I wanted to hear if the buying of Consolidated means the ship is sinking more for UQ??? Who is left??
    Well look at it this way if you cant beat the competition buy it