Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Usic background info

Years of Experience

Default Usic background info

I was just curious what the big things they look for on your background. I have no felonies I have 2 misdemeanors one aggravated menacing and a disorderly conduct. I'm suppose to start training next Monday and I don't wanna quit my job now if they are just going to pull the employment from me cause of my background. Any info is greatly appreciated

Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic background info

Drinking while driving .........murder.....treason ......Rape ......anything less than those crimes ....could be looked over ...USIC is very tolerant and merciful in giving anyone a second - 5th chance . Good luck bud !
    Wingfoot likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

any sex based offense will pretty much disqualify you as well, cant have registered sex offenders locating on school properties...

I interviewed with USIC on Monday and they emailed on Saturday to setup a ride along. I was wondering how strict they were on there background checks cause I have a felony cannabis charge that I took a deferred judgement for and was wondering if this would keep them from hiring me

Years of Experience

How long ago?

Years of Experience
    17 years

A deferred judgment should mean it isn't on your record.

It happened a year ago but I have to wait two years for the probation period to end for it to get it dropped off my record

Years of Experience

In Texas at least (nor sure if all states are the same) we have Deferred Adjudication and Probation. Deferred Adjudication you're never convicted or sentenced, as long as you meet certain standards set forth. Seen a lot here with speeding tickets..if you do a driver safety class within a few weeks the ticket is completely forgiven like never happened.

If they let you take D.A. for your cannabis charge you probably had to do community service, drug class, and stay away from the law for a certain period. The charge is never on your record until the time period is up and you pass/fail the conditions. Only if fail then does it go on and you get hit with the normal fine amounts you could've got to begin with (jail + $). Probation you were actually found guilty and it's on your record, and if you fail probation you go right to jail usually. I did D.A. for a Minor in Consumption ticket when I was 20. Couldn't get any tickets for 4 months and had to take some alcohol class for 2 days.

Probably look into getting your criminal record from your state website if you want. For a past job, I got mine from Texas DPS office online. Was only like a 3$ to let me do a name search and print my report showing it was empty.

Yeah I took the deferred judgement and had to do community service take some classes and stay out of trouble for 2 years I'm hoping the background check goes ok cause I really want this job

Years of Experience

you should be ok bud . most background checks go back about 7 years and no more . some companies only use a 3 year svc because it is cheaper . them knowing that is on your record will NOT stop them from hiring you but you can be sure you'll be getting randoms on a REGULAR basis . show up every day ready to work and provide labor for them .. and you'll be untouchable ! GOOD LUCK !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyunker View Post
    Yeah I took the deferred judgement and had to do community service take some classes and stay out of trouble for 2 years I'm hoping the background check goes ok cause I really want this job
    I hope it works out for you and you can get to locating some lines.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Thanks everyone I got the job I start training on Monday
    daman1, yahoo, phoenix827 and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by eyunker View Post
    Thanks everyone I got the job I start training on Monday
    Congrats man !! I hate to see one mistake ruin what could be a rewarding career. If you have the stomach to stick with it, it's really not a bad job. Don't get complacent and stop trying to learn and you'll find yourself desirable to companies you never thought would give you a second glance.
    yahoo, phoenix827 and CWVines like this.

Years of Experience

congrats dude !

Years of Experience

I Interviewed Tue, April 19th, I was told that classes start today in IL (Grundy County) but never received a call back. Yes I am one of those people that like a challenge & I do find a LOT of positives in the world around me. My concern is I have couple of misdemeanors on my record, its been over 4 yrs for 1 and over 8 for the other....am I still in the running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast