Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Usic

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    big news here .............USIC just by default picked up the at&t contract again down here in the southern states.
    USIC was allowing the unfavorable AT&T contracts to expire without bidding on them. Then the winning firm, like S&N, would fold under the weight of the unfavorable terms. Then USIC came back and only took the contract back if their terms were met. In the Carolina's USIC did not lay off any locators after "losing" AT&T so USIC was ready to pick up the contract again with a full staff of trained on AT&T locators. Smart move as nobody could make a profit without cutting corners so much the contract could not be preformed.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    When I was working in North Carolina I met a number of USIC locators. They said their pay and benefits were good and were treated well. They got good pay and benefits when they unionized. Then a campaign was mounted by fellow locators to vote to leave the union because the pay, benefits and treatment were good and a union was not needed and paying dues was a waste. They told me that since leaving the union pay, benefits and treatment were getting worse.

So a question for the USIC locators; How many of the locators who started the anti-union campaign were promoted to management?
    It is common practice for the company to start a campaign to vote to cease being union. The only people who can start such a campaign are the employees themselves so the company recruits stooges to start the vote. The stooges are promised cushy jobs in management for a successful effort to remove the union. So did you USIC locators see anything like this?

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

i heard they recovered it in Louisiana anywhere else?

Years of Experience

Texas and Mississippi too but I am not 100% sure of that .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

so CIG Locating is just about gone

Years of Experience

I am being told that all of CIG's old people and management , most management , are being put right back into power and all of USIC's management are being swept to the side ....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

didn't CIG have those AT&T contracts? Did CIG unable to handle it or did usic purchase them?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    didn't CIG have those AT&T contracts? Did CIG unable to handle it or did usic purchase them?
    CIG lost those contracts for what reason I am not totally sure , heard they went bankrupt. USIC got them because they are the only big contractor left in the us that is in this state that could handle the pressure ....somewhat .

Years of Experience

CIG lost those contracts for what reason I am not totally sure , heard they went bankrupt. USIC got them because they are the only big contractor left in the us that is in this state that could handle the pressure ....somewhat .
    CIS Locating may be a subsidiary of Consolidated Infrastructure Group which stock lost about 64% of it's value last year. CIS is seeking to sell out to investors to keep from collapse. https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/co...ity-struggles/

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    CIS Locating may be a subsidiary of Consolidated Infrastructure Group which stock lost about 64% of it's value last year. CIS is seeking to sell out to investors to keep from collapse. https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/co...ity-struggles/
    I don't know why ,,,but I have a feeling the very same people that run this firm is going to start up a new one and be back in the state bidding on at&t contracts in a few years .

Years of Experience
    17 years

I don't know why ,,,but I have a feeling the very same people that run this firm is going to start up a new one and be back in the state bidding on at&t contracts in a few years .
    I know why. Because you've been around long enough to understand the term Corporate Incest.
    yahoo likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123