Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unibar/DPG Wisconsin

Years of Experience

Default Unibar/DPG Wisconsin

Does Unibar/DPG still have their contract in Wisconsin ??? or did they lose part of it recently ??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: Unibar/DPG Wisconsin

Hope you're not thinking of moving yahoo you would freeze before thanksgiving

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

They were one of the three that had a portion of a contract in Wisconsin. The utility decided to split it up between three, I guess they were not happy who had it before, hint hint. USIC had the contract 3 yrs ago and lost it when it got split up between CUS, Vannguard and unibar. With USIC buying out CUS they got back into that utility for the upper portion of the state. Unibar had only two counties and downtown metro Milwaukee. That utility went out for bid this year again and I think they will make their a statement about it in November. The original contract ends in this January 2013. I heard USIC put in a bid for the whole state. Have heard conflicting statements on the utility wanting one provider or was happy splitting it up. Maybe they split up unibar territories between they other two.

Years of Experience

LOL funny !!!! nah was curious when I started seeing all these trucks down this way with Wisconsin licence plates here in Louisiana ....I am pretty sure that I will never leave my home state.....hopefully the Good Lord will allow that for me and mines !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Hope you're not thinking of moving yahoo you would freeze before thanksgiving
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    They were one of the three that had a portion of a contract in Wisconsin. The utility decided to split it up between three, I guess they were not happy who had it before, hint hint. USIC had the contract 3 yrs ago and lost it when it got split up between CUS, Vannguard and unibar. With USIC buying out CUS they got back into that utility for the upper portion of the state. Unibar had only two counties and downtown metro Milwaukee. That utility went out for bid this year again and I think they will make their a statement about it in November. The original contract ends in this January 2013. I heard USIC put in a bid for the whole state. Have heard conflicting statements on the utility wanting one provider or was happy splitting it up. Maybe they split up unibar territories between they other two.
    Thanks for the info Paint !!!! DPG trucks with Wisconsin licence plates around here had me curious !!! ha !

Years of Experience

If the big one ever hits you are always welcome at my house bring your paint stick I got everthing else!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

maybe unibar picked up a new contract down there and shipping people from the north as the tickets slowing down up here in there area. I am still getting enough ticket though.

has anybody heard of Vannguard picking up a few cities down in illinois?

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

there was a contract that went across the middle of the state from Indiana to the Mississippi and from Peoria to Springfield that went out for bid. I thought it might of been Ameren energy but that goes all the way down from Joliet to the bottom of the state. I have heard Vannguard bid on something in central IL

Years of Experience

hey Orange lets hope we won't have to visit that day ....I 'm not for sure if i can handle the cold weather you guys have ....LOL !!!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

It looks like unibar kept their WE energies contract and possible expanded on it in Wisconsin. i guess those trucks were just registered in WI. I do not know if golden boy has heard it yet but usic got back the WE energies contract. Expanding on the one they got back when they bought out CUS. They under bid vannguard. i heard that vannuard had the highest customer service for we energies in 20 years and still WE energies went with the cheapest. I know usic bid for the whole state and I do not think vannguard did.

Years of Experience

I 'm beginning to think that great customer service means nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!! In the end....it's the price per ticket that matters and NOTHING else !!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    i heard that vannuard had the highest customer service for we energies in 20 years and still WE energies went with the cheapest. I know usic bid for the whole state and I do not think vannguard did.
    Yes I did hear we got the WE Energies back in my area. I still wouldn't believe any damage ratios you've heard from Vanguard because with them even if it wasn't marked and in the marking instructions they still found a way to write it up as a no charge even though they'll eventually be charged for all of them. Granted they did do a good job without many cuts but I wouldn't believe the ratio that they claim.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by $3AL View Post
    has anybody heard of Vannguard picking up a few cities down in illinois?
    I know that Century Link sent everything out out to bid. Rumor was that Vannguard bid pretty heavily on it. I don't think anything has been awarded yet. I heard from another locator that they were trying to get rid of one of the primary companies that they were struggling with. Might be a whole lot of new work that will be coming available.

Years of Experience

I dont care who gets century link as long as its not my company. I was also told that windstream is not happy with the way things are going and is putting most of its areas back out to bid-even the areas just awarded this summer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast