Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S.I.C Bonus Time!!

Lightbulb U.S.I.C Bonus Time!!

Most USIC techs will be receiving a 1% - 2.5% bonus in the next couple of weeks.

Will you be satisfied with this small reward?

Did you know USIC Supervisors make bonus every month?

It begins....

Default Re: U.S.I.C Bonus Time!!

Don't get me started on USIC! I would not be able to quit! I've never seen such an unprofessional organization in all of my 50 years on this planet!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

hope I get one ! Will be happy with anything they give me!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

If the area you work in for USIC is union, you can bet you won't be getting anything extra. They use that union business as a way to get out of bonuses etc.

Hell, they had a guy here in NC get hurt on the job on a friday, he called his DM since his supervisor was off, and they made him wait through the weekend to go see a doctor.....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Quote Originally Posted by locator_smbk View Post
    If the area you work in for USIC is union, you can bet you won't be getting anything extra. They use that union business as a way to get out of bonuses etc.

Hell, they had a guy here in NC get hurt on the job on a friday, he called his DM since his supervisor was off, and they made him wait through the weekend to go see a doctor.....
    Another reason why the union here in NC sucks! No raises, no bonus. Thanks for all who voted to keep NC district a union

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Another reason why the union here in NC sucks! No raises, no bonus. Thanks for all who voted to keep NC district a union
    I am not familiar with unions but isn't your reps voted in? If union you might be getting paid more already and those little bonuses would not catch up to your wages. How did your rank and file vote "Yes" on a contract that had no raises built in it for the length of it or any cost of living percentage? Vote or get rid of your rep.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Once again not familiar with unions, but even without a union they can not stop you from seeking medical attention. ME if my DM told me to wait until after the weekend to seek medical attention I would tell him off.If he had a problem with that I would say I could always run this through the state's attorney or a lawyer if he would like. If you have a union then he could file a grievance. You must have a weak union from it reps, shop stewards and rank and file. That is what the union is for to protect you. i had a friend who was a shop steward and had people usually Mexican come to him with complaints. He would tell them to file a grievance and they would say "No". Afraid they get sent back to Mexico or wherever. He finally told them if you are not going to file one then do not bitch to me on how they are treating you.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

That's a labor law violation, he should file a grievance with state labor board through that local.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    That's a labor law violation, he should file a grievance with state labor board through that local.
    I dont think the union had anything to do with making him wait, thats just how they do business. Filing a grievance with the local union wont do any good. I know the local that the guy is represented by, and nothing would get done. Ive seen it firsthand before.
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I dont think the union had anything to do with making him wait, thats just how they do business. Filing a grievance with the local union wont do any good. I know the local that the guy is represented by, and nothing would get done. Ive seen it firsthand before.
    I wasn't saying the union made him wait. I am saying that he is union his union should put up a stinks about it. If grievaces do not work then he has a weak union

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Unless his boss locked him in a room, I'm not sure how you can be prevented from seeking medical attention. I've told my wife (She used to work for a lady that was natorious for throwing things at her workers.... coffee cups, staplers etc..) If your boss ever throws something at you.... Take one for the team. Lean into it and imediately grab the back of your neck and make off to the hospital.

If you get injured on the job and don't go to the docotors or the hospital as soon as possible, I would have to question your mental faculties. You either arn't as injured as you say you are, or you are not smart enough to understand the importance of being checked out after being injured on the job.

I'm not one that sues people at the drop of a hat, but when the situation arises, and you are injured due to company policies or equuipment... have at it.

As for the bonuses, congrats.

Mke

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

He isn't filing a grievance with the union, he is filing a grievance with the state labor board through his union local, that way he will have representation should a hearing result from his grievance.

///

Then you just have a weak union. If you did not negotiate a pay increase in YOUR contract, that's YOUR fault. The union is only as strong as YOU make it.

Bonuses did come out. Could someone please explain to USIC thatt annual means "yearly" not bi yearly on quarter. Mean what you say when you say it. Don't change it to suit you. I did not know the company needs it more than the guys and gals sweating thier assess off to make this company what it is today. Thanks for nothin (as usual) USIC. And your welcome, nevermind you really never said Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast