Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trying to get a job with USIC

Years of Experience

Default Re: Trying to get a job with USIC

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Speed View Post
    Hi.

I'm from West Virginia (on the Virginia border) and I'm trying to start a career with USIC. I've known about the company for quite some time and I lived a little farther than where they were hiring at in the years past and was never considered even for an interview. I submitted multiple times online and never was called or anything. I got on my profile and noticed that my location was from where I was previously, which was a good 90 minute drive from the location they were hiring at and I updated to my new location, which is in the same town. I am thinking that is why I might not had been considered in the past, but I updated my information to my current location.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I submitted my application almost one month ago and hadn't heard anything back. I have a great work background and feel I could offer the company a lot if they'd consider me. After not hearing anything back, I emailed them asking about my application status and I got a response saying "they have reviewed my application and will contact me when they are scheduling interviews in my area". It's been nearly a month and my application status just says "reviewed" and the rest all say "multiple applications".

Could anyone tell me if they've had this type of experience before? I'm really really wanting a shot as a locate technician but it seems like I can't get ahead for nothing. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you for any input. I hope to soon be a locator and stick around and share some stories with you guys. Thanks for having me.
    All said, it took about a month and a half or two months from application submission to where I am now. Hope they call you. So far it's been a pretty good fit for me.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Trying to get a job with USIC

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    This industry has a problem with people using the locator job as a holding place until the get the job they really want. We don't make money on a new locator until they get over their early damage costs and their production levels rise. So if a prospect just appears the will only be there short time the are passed over.

Don't lie about the CDL but don't put it on our resume for a locating job that does not require a CDL.

We were flat out asked about this in training. As a matter of fact, our trainer asked what we all did before coming to USIC, a couple guys said they were in the oil patch. He flat out said he was against hiring from there because as soon as the price of gas go's up they quit and go back to the oil patch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12