Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Synergy One lost TWC

Years of Experience

Default Synergy One lost TWC

Heard today that Synergy One lost their TWC contract.

Default Re: Synergy One lost TWC

Not so Fast! SynergyOne's not going anywhere!

Years of Experience

oh its true. twc in charlotte is gone Friday.

watch and see!

Years of Experience

if they are not going anywhere then why is some of the guys working there going up to the norht to work and the rest are turning in their cars Monday. FACT....

this is the latest news I have. synergy one is keeping a large area of the east coast for an extended period of time. They are giving up the charlotte nc area because a lot of there locators have took jobs out west and others switched teams the past couple of days. the Greensboro nc area and sc are staying with synergy one and want no part of usic. TWC is happy with the job SO is doing the only reason usic got in at all is offering twc locating services for pennies on the dollar. SO has been fighting hard for the employee's. I hope usic has bitten off more than it can chew and chokes on it! Way to east coast twc and synergyone!

however; it's not going to turn out so good for so's employee's we are a expendable resource!

Years of Experience

first of all the contract was not up for bid so the crap about the low bidding is not true. a contract is a legal binding document which can not be adjusted without the agreement between the two parties unless ONE PARTY DOES SOMETHING THAT WOULD VIOLATE THE CONTRACT. you can not go in and just say hey I will do it cheaper and get it without it being up for bid. I KNOW, I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH A LOT OF CONTRACTS.. The charlotte locators that went west was after the announcement. this is all facts. This is no hear say. And there is alot more than is being told. There is always a spin by someone not wanting the true facts out there. Just sit back and watch. More to come.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    first of all the contract was not up for bid so the crap about the low bidding is not true. a contract is a legal binding document which can not be adjusted without the agreement between the two parties unless ONE PARTY DOES SOMETHING THAT WOULD VIOLATE THE CONTRACT. you can not go in and just say hey I will do it cheaper and get it without it being up for bid. I KNOW, I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH A LOT OF CONTRACTS.. The charlotte locators that went west was after the announcement. this is all facts. This is no hear say. And there is alot more than is being told. There is always a spin by someone not wanting the true facts out there. Just sit back and watch. More to come.
    These contracts also commonly have an Out Clause where upon a notice, usually 30 to 90 days, either party can back out of the contract for no other reason than they just want out of the contract.
    EricB likes this.

Synergy one did lose the TWC contract in NC/SC to USIC this is 100 % true. However they do still have various fiber contracts out there (TW telecom, spirit/palmetto net, and duke net) but the TWC is gone..

Years of Experience

SO didn't lose the TW contract they called TW on Monday and told them they wouldn't be locating after Friday. TW called usic and asked if they could pick it up and usic agreed.

Years of Experience

The contract was already taken and was to be done thru Aug 1 by SOL. SOL told them by email that they would not be locating after the weekend of June 28. The employees were called in on Friday to turn in their cars and equipment at 2pm. Some of the locators had already left and went up north to work. Some followed Monday and some went on layoff. These are facts and not hearsay. I know, I lived it.

I hate it for the employees that are losing their job. SO hasn't had the contract for TWC in the charlotte area for very long.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    The contract was already taken and was to be done thru Aug 1 by SOL. SOL told them by email that they would not be locating after the weekend of June 28. The employees were called in on Friday to turn in their cars and equipment at 2pm. Some of the locators had already left and went up north to work. Some followed Monday and some went on layoff. These are facts and not hearsay. I know, I lived it.
    So it is ok for SO to just quit locating on a contract because they lost some locators

Years of Experience

NO ITS NOT OK. It was a S****y way to do a utility and the locators but we as locators are at the mercy of the owners. No one wants to be in the unemployment line. I dont think it was right. The right thing to do was finish out the contract until the date set. I am just saying there is alot of talk on how things went down. I just put it like it happened. USIC put in a lower bid and got the contract and SO owner tucked his tail between his legs and ran. Period. It was not the locators. It was the owner who stop the locating. The locators who left went up north to keep a job. They knew they were finished here. I hope things work out for them but I AM DONE LOCATING.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast