Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Synergy One Locating LLC

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Synergy One Locating LLC

You may want to contact the local unemployment office and make sure they are paying in. When they go under and run from a contract, and they will, you'll find that you will be denied benefits unless you can prove how much they paid you and for how long. Forward all your e-mails and proof of wages to a personal e-mail account. Especially the ones proving start and stop dates of employment. Your bank can find the origin of your direct deposit if necessary. Unemployment agencies are quite interested to find out an employer is working in their state while not registered with them and not paying into the benefits system.

One of the rules of doing a good locate is to document EVERYTHING. This is true especially true when it comes to scam employers who will cut every corner at your expense, split state, and leave you high and dry.
    Last edited by daman1; July 23rd, 2016 at 12:22 PM.

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I have long suspected that Synergy One and probably also Safemarkz was doing something illegal with the payroll.

I did know someone that worked for Synergy One (we worked at the same place years ago, and he got let go, then went to Synergy.) I was good friends with him and wished him well, so I stayed in contact with him.

Literally the first thing he mentioned about Synergy One was about taxes. You know how a new employer will give you a sheet for your state, and you fill in all of your dependencies and tax status options, like exemptions? Synergy One apparently gave him the sheet, but actually ignored everything he put for his information. When they paid him, it was equal to as if all the boxes on the tax sheet were filled in as 'zero'.

So alot more taxes were being taken out than should have been (he has dependents). Once the scam artist nature of the company was revealed through other means, such as not paying overtime and losing contracts quickly, he saw the hidden reasoning for this. The company probably was not sending any of the tax money to the relevant authorities, and keeping it for themselves. Which made perfect sense why they would put all zero's for each employee's tax sheet. So that they could keep as much money for themselves.

That must have been one of their big tricks to lower their bid price on the contracts.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

If anybody has record of this happening, paycheck stubs showing money withheld, the time to report it is now. This is fraud and criminal actions can be taken to recover you money rather than a civil legal action which is not likely to actually recover anything. Plus it would be an opportunity to put the people responsible in jail.

Years ago I discovered an employer was not paying the medical insurance. I was already fed up with them and had already started a search for a new job and left a month later. Looking back I should have filed a complaint charging fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    I have long suspected that Synergy One and probably also Safemarkz was doing something illegal with the payroll.

I did know someone that worked for Synergy One (we worked at the same place years ago, and he got let go, then went to Synergy.) I was good friends with him and wished him well, so I stayed in contact with him.

Literally the first thing he mentioned about Synergy One was about taxes. You know how a new employer will give you a sheet for your state, and you fill in all of your dependencies and tax status options, like exemptions? Synergy One apparently gave him the sheet, but actually ignored everything he put for his information. When they paid him, it was equal to as if all the boxes on the tax sheet were filled in as 'zero'.

So alot more taxes were being taken out than should have been (he has dependents). Once the scam artist nature of the company was revealed through other means, such as not paying overtime and losing contracts quickly, he saw the hidden reasoning for this. The company probably was not sending any of the tax money to the relevant authorities, and keeping it for themselves. Which made perfect sense why they would put all zero's for each employee's tax sheet. So that they could keep as much money for themselves.

That must have been one of their big tricks to lower their bid price on the contracts.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819