Thread: STS Georgia

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Default STS Georgia

I work for STS in gerogia. I've been with them since January. I came to locating after being an operator and business owner for many years. I have to say I like the work... the pay is a joke.. and the rules and policies seem to change week to week. Also, it seems that the management is looking for any and all reasons to come down on locators. The drivecam is a royal pain...and don't get me started on the esketches... I could go on, but I digress.... its a job... I'll make the best of it...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: STS Georgia

The rules and policies seem to change week to week.
    Wow... normally its day to day.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

STS and their policies are nothing compared to USIC. Be thankful you work for STS instead of USIC

Ive been with STS in Georgia since June of last year and if you think it has changed alot since January just wait.You're going to love the summer lol.The rules change everyday depending on your ticket load and the area you work.

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    STS and their policies are nothing compared to USIC. Be thankful you work for STS instead of USIC
    god i wish you would just quit USIC so you don't have to jump on every thread and cry about how bad it is at USIC, must not be that bad if you are still employed by them, and i would bet you are the guy in your crew that cries and bitches EVERY SINGLE DAY, probably more effort in the bitchin than the locating, just my guess, i've known many a guy like you through the years, and not a one of them good for the buisness.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

STS is Utiliquest. STS was purchased by Dycom and many STS offices changed their name to Utiliquest. I do not know about currently but in the past their letterheads contained both STS and Utiliquest.

the plan was that where STS had gotten a bad name those offices would change name to Utiliquest. Where Utiliquest had gotten a bad name they could change their name to STS though I am not aware of any such changes. Also where Utiliquest had gotten a bad name the idea was they could send in the STS and try and get their own contract back again or the other way around.

And yes, USIC is worse.

Do your best and sue your time there to get money while you look for another employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    god i wish you would just quit USIC so you don't have to jump on every thread and cry about how bad it is at USIC, must not be that bad if you are still employed by them, and i would bet you are the guy in your crew that cries and bitches EVERY SINGLE DAY, probably more effort in the bitchin than the locating, just my guess, i've known many a guy like you through the years, and not a one of them good for the buisness.
    You were just complaining about STS's policies and you turn around and tell me that I complain too much, why don't I quit??????
    You don't have to read my posts if it offends you. I'm not the one still working for a BS contract locating company. LOL!.I no longer work for USIC and now make more money in a day than you make in a month. So shut your pie hole.
    I've known many guys through the years like you, complain about your job but scared to quit..... Come on dude, get a life

2k a day? I want your job

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    You were just complaining about STS's policies and you turn around and tell me that I complain too much, why don't I quit??????
    You don't have to read my posts if it offends you. I'm not the one still working for a BS contract locating company. LOL!.I no longer work for USIC and now make more money in a day than you make in a month. So shut your pie hole.
    I've known many guys through the years like you, complain about your job but scared to quit..... Come on dude, get a life
    Lmao.... where the hell do you see that i was complaining about STS ? DUMB ASS, i was complaining about you !!!, as for your daily income..... meth must be payin ya pretty good, but you should quit gettin high on your own supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    Lmao.... where the hell do you see that i was complaining about STS ? DUMB ASS, i was complaining about you !!!, as for your daily income..... meth must be payin ya pretty good, but you should quit gettin high on your own supply.
    Not complaining huh? ......Mr810 "the pay is a joke.. and the rules and policies seem to change week to week. Also, it seems that the management is looking for any and all reasons to come down on locators. The drivecam is a royal pain...and don't get me started on the esketches"

I guess you would be the one smoking meth. Now shut up and go spray your boots with paint

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Hey Locator... that was me who you are quoting.... not Mr810...