Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stake Center Locating

hmmm, damaged phone line?

J/k

Banned

Don't waste your time sending in your resume. They pay lowsy. If there is a locator in the United States making over $16 an hour or working more than 40 hours, please let us know! There is no overtime allowed. They gps you all day (who can work like that?). There is a stack of resumes a mile high for one low paying position. They know that the economy is bad, so they can low ball your ass and you don't have a choice but to take it or be broke. I personally don't need their money. I rather collect aluminum than spend 40 hours away from my family for peanuts. This is the norm with all locate companies now. They don't pay like they use to. Find another profession or source of income. Good luck people.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm a locator making over 16, and have been for............ 5+yrs. And I am getting over 40 on a regular basis........... but i'm not working for Stake Center. I got paid Crap for a while, but when you prevail with those circumstances you will eventually get to a place where they reward you for your work ethic. However, if its not in you, its not in you. Not all of us want painted boots.

mke

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    I'm a locator making over 16, and have been for............ 5+yrs. And I am getting over 40 on a regular basis........... but i'm not working for Stake Center. I got paid Crap for a while, but when you prevail with those circumstances you will eventually get to a place where they reward you for your work ethic. However, if its not in you, its not in you. Not all of us want painted boots.

mke
    You got that right. There is the training pay, start pay and the pay you build up to.
    Even an experienced locator has to prove themselves with a start pay even if it is higher than someone a year out of training.

Banned

I'm talking about stake center. I heard from a stake center supervisor, that their locators won't get more than $15 bucks tops. So I decided it was not worth my time and resume. I want to grow and prove myself. Not remain stagnant.
    I was also informed that they do not allow overtime. Absoluteley no overtime, and they are stricked about it. I also heard that they are penny pinchers. If a company can afford to spend thousands of dollars on GPS monitoring and equipment, they can certainly pay $16 an hour. I also heard they don't have much work anyway. So there's no need to pay much or justify overtime.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Paint and flag View Post
    I'm talking about stake center. I heard from a stake center supervisor, that their locators won't get more than $15 bucks tops. So I decided it was not worth my time and resume. I want to grow and prove myself. Not remain stagnant.
    I was also informed that they do not allow overtime. Absoluteley no overtime, and they are stricked about it. I also heard that they are penny pinchers. If a company can afford to spend thousands of dollars on GPS monitoring and equipment, they can certainly pay $16 an hour. I also heard they don't have much work anyway. So there's no need to pay much or justify overtime.

Interesting. Did this supervisor say this was a nationwide policy regardless of cost of living in the area and workload demand in the area?

I have my doubts that this is a nation wide pay scale and policy but it does occur in some firms.

Remember years ago Denny's restaurant chain was always getting sued for poor service to minorities? The truth is they treated everybody that way.

I went to the local Denny's with a friend years ago, both of us very Wonder Bread white. He ordered a simple meal off the menu and I ordered grits and an English muffin. After we ordered the table next to use filled up with six people and they ordered. Their order came, they ate and left and then our order came. The grits had a layer of melted butter that floated over them and they were inedible and they gave my friend the wrong order.

What was happening was that Denny's had a single pay scale and applied it to the entire nation. What was an okay wage in the back areas of Arkansas was below the poverty level in our area. The result is that in the higher cost of living areas they got the worst employees, the ones that could not find work elsewhere. There was no point in firing these bad employees becasue they could only get the same caliber for the price there were willing to pay.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

When cls came into Il they wanted experieced locators so they offered more money than sm&p. So with the merger there are guys making $18-$23hr and these are not those walk on water damage free guys. there are more expeinced locators that stayed with sm&p not making that much. There starting wage in Il for USIC is $13.95 last i knew. They probably have some incentives you might beable to reach and get you close to $16. I think cetian areas are getting overtime

I believe I know who "paintitnow" is, seeing how I've only interviewed and passed up on 1 employee in Illinois. If so... I'm not sure what you mean as I offered you $16-$17 to start and to locate only 1 utility being a fiber (maybe 3 tickets a day).

The problem is now a days people want to get paid to do nothing!

As someone stated earlier there's training pay, start pay and pay you build up to. Just for your info we have locators in 31 states and some are making over $20 p/h and tons working more then 40 hours a week.

Be patient, we do pay more in other spots where we are more profitable as other businesses do to. this I'm sure of.

Mcdonalds is hiring...

hey tony you shouldve interviewed and hired me! i applied at least 3 times and no call back email nada. i wouldnt have let you down considering i have located fibe
    r

If you'd like to speak with him then please call the office or email him directly. We are always looking for experienced locate techs.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Stake Center Locating
    Re: Stake Center Locating

I believe I know who "paintitnow" is, seeing how I've only interviewed and passed up on 1 employee in Illinois. If so... I'm not sure what you mean as I offered you $16-$17 to start and to locate only 1 utility being a fiber (maybe 3 tickets a day).

The problem is now a days people want to get paid to do nothing!

As someone stated earlier there's training pay, start pay and pay you build up to. Just for your info we have locators in 31 states and some are making over $20 p/h and tons working more then 40 hours a week.

Be patient, we do pay more in other spots where we are more profitable as other businesses do to. this I'm sure of.

Mcdonalds is hiring...
    first time trying this quote thing. Stake "it wasn't me" I am employed and still am employed. I have not interviewed in Ill for years. I believe it was 2006 when CLS got the contract for AT&T and that was what i was refering too about how they offered more money to get expiereinced locator from sm&p. In 2008 when the two finly merged into usic, they bumped up the starting wage. Sm&p was around $11 if i remember and cls was $13.95 and usic started offering $13.95 as the starting wage in ILL. In the summer of 2008 they had bumped up some people with under a year up to a $2 raise. It appeared it was mostly sm&p noobies from my little sample group. BY cls offering more money to get sm&p employees in 2006 and with the merger of the two the point i was trying to make was that there are now original sm&p locators out there that are making less than former cls locators. Some of these cls locators have less years and talent. I am not sure if this is just in states where both were present.

paintitnow sorry for the mishap and I understand now.

thank you sir for the clarification.

I love workin for stake center i am home nightly and weekends beats the long hours and such i delt with when i was working in the oilfields here on wyoming. And i do gotta say my boss is pretty cool but in our area we r basically fall guys but i have seen many a damage where either the contractor dug with a back hoe within a foot of a tranformer and tore up 4/0 gauge wires going to a secondary but we faught it and we will win

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123