Thread: S&N Communications In Virginia

Years of Experience

Default S&N Communications In Virginia

Any body have any info on this company. Pay, insurance, management,etc the good the bad like to hear it all!
    Considering taking a job there but don't want to get into a hell hole of micro management, bailing out employees who can help themselves, etc. Lets hear your thoughts.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: S&N Communications In Virginia

First, yes, I have created a poll. Second, we have totally hijacked montecaross's thread, it is a legit thread, all other posts have been moved here:

http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/sh...54-Avatar-poll
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; March 29th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

It depends on what part of the state you are working in. I know some of the supervisors there, and I couldn't work for them if you paid me 100 dollars an hour!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by hardgrind View Post
    It depends on what part of the state you are working in. I know some of the supervisors there, and I couldn't work for them if you paid me 100 dollars an hour!
    Unfortunately that is what I am hearing from the people I know. Rumor has it that VZ is looking into reasons for the turn over rate they have lately unable to confirm it thought.S&N is hounding me to come over not sure if it's where I want to be.

Northern VA?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by hardgrind View Post
    Northern VA?
    Yea NOVA

Years of Experience

Ive Been with SN Norva since the takeover and couldnt be happier. No micromanagement. Great Supervisors. Just a great company to work for. There has been turnover for the reason that most locators hired were from utiliquest Md and reside in md. Northern Va traffic is horrable. most of these guys just got sick of the commute. unlike some companies out there it seems like they really value their employees.

Years of Experience

Im a little late to see this one; but there is only 1 supervisor in the state i wouldnt want to work for.. Though i havent been way down south at all ive been everywhere between Charlottesville and Fairfax. Other than that certain one I have no complaints about any upper management or supervisors at S&N...

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
    Ive Been with SN Norva since the takeover and couldnt be happier. No micromanagement. Great Supervisors. Just a great company to work for. There has been turnover for the reason that most locators hired were from utiliquest Md and reside in md. Northern Va traffic is horrable. most of these guys just got sick of the commute. unlike some companies out there it seems like they really value their employees.
    True, also some that came over were of the type that may not have lasted much longer at Utiliquest. Some number have been fired for excessive reporting late to work and absenteeism. Some kept other bad habits that involved incomplete marking, bad techniques and other things and of course were caught. In addition to not liking the commute the dig laws in Virginia are much more onerous than in Maryland and some found them too difficult.

I have been locating recently at S&N and found most supervisors very good and making every effort. Most supervisors have come up from the ranks and actually know how to locate.

With Utiliquest Maryland losing PEPCo and Verizon on the edge again the need for Utilquest Maryland to keep locators is an unknown, maybe another Fort Worth.

S&N has GPS but their supervisors only pull it when there is cause to look. The GPS is not tied into the laptop and the only thing it sends alerts for is going over a set high speed for a set period of time. There are no crash cameras converted to spy cameras in the vehicles.

I know Northern Virginia has several openings and would prefer to fill the positions with experienced locators. If anyone is interested send me a private message and I will put you in touch with the manager for S&N NORVA.

Years of Experience

Were hiring a handful in Piedmont also as FTTP is starting to roll on in.. Green and/or experienced..