Thread: Rcn cable chicago and il

Default Rcn cable chicago and il

Does anybody know who locates it if its not rcn themselves? They have contractors putting in new fiber from cicero or chicago to aurora il on ogden av all the way. I would like to find out who locates their stuff and who will be locating that new fiber run so i could try and get in with them. Does anybody know? Have any info for rcn cable chicago?!?!

I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Rcn cable chicago and il

These must be the knucklheads whose contractors are calling in multiple mile row to row jobs in Naperville right now, and to the east for weeks prior.Super pissed off locators everywhere they have been recently. All I've heard is cursing from the USIC techs working over there. They most likely have someone in house right now.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Probably the same people that locate Wide Open West, no one.

someone in house? for the city of chicago? they got alot of copper and fiber there but majority aerial. the new foc running on ogden is not lit up or pulled through yet. wide open west marks their own stuff. rcn? anybody know? id like to get the job locating that new foc. straight shot all the way north side of ogden. i drive down ogden in napervile and feel real sorry for the usic locators working on all that and some of them are newbies too. aspen keeps hitting water and gas services on ogden

Years of Experience

Straight shot north side of Ogden? Negative my friend. Tech I talked to today sez they have crossed over to the south and back several times, and are already doing a major deviation from the original spec that they layed out for Nicor several months ago. Aspen also has been telling everyone all along that this was a fibre running south from O'Hare to Aurora, leading quite a few techs to believe it may be an FAA run tying into the radar station in Aurora. Nope, just another damned multi mile fibre bore running down an overcrowded state highway. And everyone has to drop everything to attend to it because the one call system lets anyone come into town and upset the apple cart in Illinois. Bonus: to add insult to injury the contract locating firms lose a shitload of labor dollars on crap like this, and it is getting worse every single year.

But wait, there's more! The funny part is that Aspen isn't even the principle on this job from hell, Western Utilities is. They aren't even working anywhere on this project right now. What a tangled web we weave!!

i know for a fact from westmont going to aurora they are and have so far stayed on the north side of ogden, western has been no where seen on site, aspen and archon are around saw them an hour ago. now i think camco is involved subbing for western in aurora. mike from aspen told me from cicero to west of 59 the fiber is going. aspens at washington/ogden east of the walgreens right now. what its going to... i have no clue and no clue who will be locating it.\

Years of Experience

Fact: If they are on the north side all the way, why is there poly pipe sticking up out of the ground in the southern easement east of Naper Blvd. just inside of the Lisle city limits? Check your facts friend, you're coming off like a noob and that's no way to act if you do indeed want a job locating a very expensive fiber.

Sorry bro im only going by what i have seen with my own eyes and what mike carlyle from aspen has told me. Im not a noob nor do i work for usic so i do not get every ticket that they get so please do forgive me if i am not 100 percent correct.

Oh yeah also i can only see so much driving 45 miles an hour down ogden.