Thread: PEPCO bought out by Exelon. What happens to current locating firms locating for PEPCO?

Years of Experience

Default PEPCO bought out by Exelon. What happens to current locating firms locating for PEPCO?

Pepco agrees to be sold to Chicago?s Exelon in utility deal - The Washington Post

Now that Exelon has purchased PEPCO does anyone think that USIC will be in line to take over the locating contracts for them also. Seems to be what is happening in other Exelon areas. I think I read that the purchase is expected to be finalized at the end of 2015. I believe that the current contracts that Utiliquest, DCI and OCC Locating go to sometime in 2016. PEPCO subsidiaries on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Deleware and Southern NJ would also likely be affected.
    Last edited by Have Paint Stick; June 5th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: PEPCO bought out by Exelon. What happens to current locating firms locating for PEPCO?

I am hearing that EXELON is looking to have one locate firm to service their contracts once the PEPCO buyout is complete. Has anyone else heard anything?