Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overworked and underpaid.......

Default Re: overworked and underpaid.......

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Same here. I got a 3% bonus based on a 40 hour work week. I didn't even get the whole amount paid out - I got half now and I'll get the other half in October (so long as I'm still here). I was told that all the guys that make more than $18/hour would be receiving their "raises" this way this year. What gets me is that every year I've been here I've always been told that 3% was the max raise, yet every year word gets around that some techs got much, much more than the max. One tech last year got an 11% raise, and that same tech got a 7% raise this year. It's like these people think we don't talk amongst ourselves.
    This is because it wasn't a performance based raise at all, in fact it was quite the opposite. What they did was factor in how much time you have in and what your current rate was. If you had 3 - 6 years and were making less than a certain dollar amount , around 16/hr , regardless of your performance you got a healthy raise, there are exceptions to this rule of course. Then all the senior techs making 18/hr or more, like you said, got a bonus raise which is garbage, screwing you out of all that overtime pay. Now pay close attention to your bonus pay, on the review sheet it says in fine print after where it says the other half will be paid later in the year " other policies may apply " this simply means " we may screw you out of the second half of your pathetic bonus if we deem it necessary! ". Don't be suprised if this happens, they just did this very same thing to all of management, they said raises would be in April after first saying they would be in January , then to just pull the plug all together and say volume isn't where they want it so you aren't getting anything. What they are doing is to try and prevent losing the guys in the middle ground, like they do year after year, and they're doing it at the expense of the senior techs and management. They're counting on the senior guys not going anywhere because 1: they've been here soo long and 2: where are they going to go and make more money. They are raping you all because THEY CAN!!!! Meanwhile higher ups rake in fat candy bonuses but yet they cry poverty, it's a disgrace what is happening over there at that company.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience
    too many

Sorry Guys Ive been so busy with all the bullshit Ot I havent been on for a bit
    The group that we have is SUPPOSE to have 14 EXPERIENCED locators.
    we have 4 plus the Sup who are Experienced
    we have a bunch of guys with less then 6 mths
    we have 4 guys IN TRAINING HITTING THE FIELD SOON
    WE have a HUGE area , lots of tickets, projects and Hp locates
    granted This is my third year and I know all the Senior guys (no offense) One gets mad because I use my name on here....
    and I see the guys 5 plus years getting hosed as well.
    In ALOT of groups in East Texas IF the "old timers were to get so pissed that they say ENOUGH there would be no way the New guys would be able to do what we do. It is not a reflection on them its the experience factor and knowing what will and will not work out in the field....
    BY THE WAY.......If anyone can push a application through in Consolodated ...let me know.....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by FiosKing View Post
    that is illegal (mandatory OT)
    Unless you're in a union that says no mandatory OT, then it's perfectly legal and you can be fired for not working it. USIC in texas is not union so he has to work the OT unless USIC thinks he has a good reason to get out of it. I know 2 nurses, been going on for years in understaffed sectors...welcome to the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12