Thread: Oregon

Default Oregon

Does anyone know what locating companys are in the Portland Oregon area? Thanks!

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oregon

well, you got Locating Inc. , Stake Center, CSI, for the public locates, and you have a few Private locate firms.

Lookin to relocate?

Mke

Yes. Thinking about it. Daughter and Grandchildren live there.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

which ones calling to you more, Privates or Publics?

mke

Years of Experience

Why? You got an in with private locates in Oregon Mike?
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Uh oh, I see a tech bidding war here. Maybe Steve can create "TechBid - the first on-line technician bidding website". Might boost that low pay issue in our industry??

And it's in print, so if somebody steals the idea I will be looking for royalties........
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

your part of the Pacific Northwest now RD, you know we are a small group of locators. Besides i've worked for a private locating firm for 7ish years, and we currently have another private locating company under contract for overflow locates......

Publics wearing on you yet RD?

OVUS, I'm the first one to admit that i'm a gold digger (I'd use another word, but I don't want to offend people's sensitivities.). I'll go anywhere if they can top my wage and benefits.

so far I gots no takers....... Although there is a company out there in Idaho thats been pretty close.

Mke

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Uh oh, I see a tech bidding war here. Maybe Steve can create "TechBid - the first on-line technician bidding website". Might boost that low pay issue in our industry??

And it's in print, so if somebody steals the idea I will be looking for royalties........
    It won't hold up in court, the internet is not recognized as valid documentation, write it down and mail it to yourself, then you have a case if you leave the envelope sealed, a postmark is considered valid documentation.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

That would be interesting. There's different auction software out there. All you'd have to do is change some of the wording around a bit.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    your part of the Pacific Northwest now RD, you know we are a small group of locators. Besides i've worked for a private locating firm for 7ish years, and we currently have another private locating company under contract for overflow locates......

Publics wearing on you yet RD?

OVUS, I'm the first one to admit that i'm a gold digger (I'd use another word, but I don't want to offend people's sensitivities.). I'll go anywhere if they can top my wage and benefits.

so far I gots no takers....... Although there is a company out there in Idaho thats been pretty close.

Mke
    I wouldn't say "wearing on me", but I AM getting damn tired of the 10 mile surveys on one ticket they let them get away with up here. That and the fact that NOBODY up here can tell directions. How hard is to invest in a friggin' compass if you're the one responsible for calling in requests?
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!