Thread: One week and counting....

Default One week and counting....

until our area folds SM&P and CLS into a jumbo locating juggernaut of doom !

Here's my wishlist:

- Quality is indeed going to replace productivity as concern numero uno!

- A fair and balanced incentive program will be rolled out soon!

- Contractors will STOP ATTACKING me at every incomplete and 2nd or 3rd request I show up for!

- My supervisor WILL deliver supplies to me in the field!

- And finally, we WILL have at least ONE WORKING WATER PUMP FOR THIS CREW BY D-DAY!!!

World's Premier Locating Company?

Damn right......
    Last edited by shovelhead; July 14th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Default Re: One week and counting....

Do you mind if I borrow your wish list and call it mine as well?
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

yes put that on paper and send me a wish list too............hope you're not disappointed dude????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

co-signed

Years of Experience

How about adding some hip waders to that list? The shit is going to get very deep very fast.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    until our area folds SM&P and CLS into a jumbo locating juggernaut of doom !

Here's my wishlist:

- Quality is indeed going to replace productivity as concern numero uno!

- A fair and balanced incentive program will be rolled out soon!

- Contractors will STOP ATTACKING me at every incomplete and 2nd or 3rd request I show up for!

- My supervisor WILL deliver supplies to me in the field!

- And finally, we WILL have at least ONE WORKING WATER PUMP FOR THIS CREW BY D-DAY!!!

World's Premier Locating Company?

Damn right......
    I think you will get everything on your list except the contractor part. That is just part of life as a locator.... nothing your company can do about that.... WELL>>>>> maybe give you $100 bills to hand out .... that might get them to shut up.

Years of Experience

Yeah youre right its called a wishlist...lol

What's happening in 1 week? I thought the merger had already happened. We don't hear much down here since there was no CLS presence here.
    BY the way, we have heard that our District is going to split into 7 groups instead of the current 5 groups and increase in the total # of employees. We've heard "Help is on the way" many times b/4, so I won't be holding my breath .
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    We've heard "Help is on the way" many times b/4, so I won't be holding my breath .
    Been hearing that for 13 ****in years
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Well folks, tomorrow is one week, and here's how it's coming together:

- Many of the SM&P folks are rolling with this OK. For me, it's nice being able to pull prints, take a good look at a job, and do a QUALITY locate. Some of the more experienced CLS folks are getting acclimated well, and like I said before, they have some damn good locators and I'm glad we're on the same team now!

- Many of the former CLS locators are leaving. I for one, don't think they were given a fair shake when you get right down to it, and hope they land on their feet OK.

A day's worth of training on power and cable TV ain't gonna cut it around here. And why did all these folks hit the field without ped wrenches or any sort of training in how to access cable TV facilities?

World's Premier Locating Company? What does the #2 company do in these situations I wonder?

- A dispatch system that is SERIOUSLY DISABLED. When USIC took over, we heard time and time again. "Nothing is going to change around here".

Then they moved the dispatch out of state.

Now we have not only LATE EMERGENCY TICKETS AND SHORT NOTICES, but these are sometimes NOT COMING IN ON THE SAME DAY THEY WERE CALLED IN! Guys are being sent to their "old" pre four way ticket areas, and some are being dispatched to OTHER COUNTIES! And the tickets are often right on the edge ( or over even...) of the due times!! WTF!!!

If I was a customer I would be on the phone with our DM every minute until this shit was straightened out....

And through all of this, most of the locators are actually staying more positive than you could imagine. Folks are trying to help each other out any way they can. It's business as usual. And God knows we are used to inept management around here.....
    Last edited by shovelhead; July 27th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

I have noticed that the groups that enjoy good teamwork always seem to work through the changes a lot smoother than others. If you have a relatively good Supervisor just about any problem can be worked out. I'm lucky in that aspect - good teamwork = less turnover.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    A day's worth of training on power and cable TV ain't gonna cut it around here. And why did all these folks hit the field without ped wrenches or any sort of training in how to access cable TV facilities?

Most of the locators are actually staying more positive than you could imagine. Folks are trying to help each other out any way they can. It's business as usual.
    My last formal training on any prints was in 1997! I have been handed paper prints and had electronic prints installed on my laptop throughout the years with very little, to almost no print training. I have survived. A damage or two got me all the print training I needed!