Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One Vision

Default Re: One Vision

More than likely I would agree with you cablemagne. I'm sure it came down to dollars and cents from management of Utility Companies tired of paying overtime, double time and triple time. Not to mention holiday pay and the like for having to send crews out to fix what their own in-house guys marked wrong. However pulling the bullshit veil over their eyes when a Contract Company comes in and gets damages by saying 'We NEVER' and instituting rules and regulations that NONE of their own people followed or dealt with is ridiculous to say the least. Then to boot the Utility puts THOSE very same people in charge of 'Quality Control'. It's a JOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by montecarloss View Post
    You could help other locaters out to meet your quota, but if you had x amount of tickets with a few long locates and you burned up 8hrs and finished your load and missed your quota you got either send home early and or written up. This was not company policy but the contract managers crap along with other bulls**t things to make life hard.As far as I know he is still there and enforcing his rules.
    Note to self: never goto Virginia unless you are buying ham in bulk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience

You could help other locaters out to meet your quota, but if you had x amount of tickets with a few long locates and you burned up 8hrs and finished your load and missed your quota you got either send home early and or written up. This was not company policy but the contract managers crap along with other bulls**t things to make life hard.As far as I know he is still there and enforcing his rules.
    If you worked for us then you knew how to get in touch with me. There is an open line directly to the CEO from the field anytime something is an issue. We have two gas contracts in Virginia. Never a daily ticket quota in place across the entire company so that is untrue along with the notion of being written up for not meeting a non-existing quota, OT allowed when justified, everybody in both contracts works forty or more (never less), WEXSmart units for vehicle maintenance in every vehicle (major asset) we own (pull it up on the web for more info). Want me to spend unnecessary $$ on vehicle repairs and not on raises, new locate equipment, decent laptops? Didn't think so.......

I will say if you no longer work for us whoever you are it is because you couldn't get with the program, you had some major process issues, or you chose to leave and then hide behind anonymity here on the Vine and chunk crap in the dark. 99.9% of all problems in ones life starts with the person they see in the mirror. Maybe you just need to open your eyes and turn on the light when you are looking in that mirror.

As for USIC1's jibjab, again, you could never have worked for us, even if you paid me........ I hope one day you can get a life (or some professional help). I'd be willing to start a collection to help defray the cost of the years of therapy you will most likely need.........
    Last edited by OVUS1; September 22nd, 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: More great commentary.........
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    As for USIC1's jibjab, again, you could never have worked for us, even if you paid me........ I hope one day you can get a life (or some professional help). I'd be willing to start a collection to help defray the cost of the years of therapy you will most likely need.........

Lets try an move beyond the deficiencys...

Just accept and try an improve your image...

Ps try an keep those fines down!!!

Last edited by USIC1; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:15 AM.

Years of Experience

OVUS1, Maybe you should check with some of the tech's in Virginia who are under a certain CONTRACT MANAGER (TB) there is a ticket QUOTA in place.Maybe you should get your facts straight.

Years of Experience

OVUS1, Maybe you should check with some of the tech's in Virginia who are under a certain CONTRACT MANAGER (TB) there is a ticket QUOTA in place.Maybe you should get your facts straight.
    Got mine straight, what's your agenda here? Still hiding in the dark, throwing mud because you couldn't hold up your end of the bargain when you came to work for us? If you have information that I can use to help make this a better company then send it to me.

Again, I ask that you consider taking responsibility for your actions if you expect others to take responsibility for theirs......... Good luck to you.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

This sounds horrible, but there guidelines. Call them Quotas or not, as an owner, you have to some how entice employees to strive to be as productive as they can be. That is how you get the most profit, more profit the more money the company can afford to pay or reward locators.

If you don't have ground rules everyone will complete one non-locate a day.

with that being said, that quota or guideline should very depending on the type of locating your company does, or the type of locating a specific locator does.

Rooks are not going to kick out the tickets as fast as a seasoned locator. Locator speed is a factor as well, i'm not a fast locator, as compared to swagman. slow and steady wins the race. what I have going for me is i'm consistant, i keep moving till crap gets done. i'll still kick out the jobs, just may take a bit longer then usual.

I have issues with unreasonable quotas, and dangling carrots.... no thats not a euphemism

Years of Experience

I certainly have expectations of all employees, and those expectations do include a reasonable amount of work in a day. However, it's not always about profits (seems like a stuck record on this forum). Quality work reduces exposure to unnecessary damages and fines, which increases the bottom line. We primarily locate gas, don't stack contracts where one ticket = five locates, and work closely with software to monitor progress and even out workloads. It's always easier to blame someone else when bad things happen to us, and when you can hide behind a screen name it only makes it easier to convince yourself and others that the company is to blame for everything.

We try and hang on to every bit of talent that we can. But let's face it, ultimately each entity has a responsibility - both the employer and the employee. When the employer doesn't hold up his end, the employee can elect to move on. The same is true (and fair) for the employer.

Wow.
    I just read this conversation....
    Yeah, some people are hatin'.

Ctdon1952... I think One Vision is a good company to work for. I haven't had any issues, and all the bosses (and owner) are awsome.

So you have an opinion of a former employee, and now of a current employee.

Good luck moving to Georgia!!

I know when I first came here to this site i was PISSED OFF at the company I had just left.
    However.
    1. My rants and topics of discussion were based in FACT with supporting evidence.
    2. I used MY OWN NAME to let let loose here. Hiding is for p*ssies.
    3. I was RIGHT about EVERYTHING I said here. From what I understand that company no longer exists.

To come here and just talk nonsense that has NO supporting ANYTHING other than he said he said is a waste of typing skills for those doing it and a waste of reading skills for us that have to endure it as a topic.

Oh, I know.
    I have alot of things on a former job of mine that I could vent about also. Not at all my fault... I was 17 and naive.
    I have told many people of why I hated that company and why I'd NEVER work for them again... but then I realized it was actually 2 specific people- not the company as a whole.
    I've moved past it...
    If I were to complain about a specific company, I wouldn't hide either. I'd stand my ground and be heard.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    I know when I first came here to this site i was PISSED OFF at the company I had just left.
    However.
    1. My rants and topics of discussion were based in FACT with supporting evidence.
    2. I used MY OWN NAME to let let loose here. Hiding is for p*ssies.
    3. I was RIGHT about EVERYTHING I said here. From what I understand that company no longer exists.

To come here and just talk nonsense that has NO supporting ANYTHING other than he said he said is a waste of typing skills for those doing it and a waste of reading skills for us that have to endure it as a topic.

BBBWWWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I worked there also??? Joe Smith, thats me... I ll tell...

All the facts could be confirmed, if the company was still around...

Everyone knows how horrible it was- the manipulation, the deception...

Please!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234