Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Vision

Default One Vision

anyone know anything about this company called One Vision. I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly about them. Trying to figure if it is worth the move or not.

Years of Experience

Default Re: One Vision

I've heard nothing but good things about them personally. Seem to be an up and up company. The owner's a nice guy too!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Ask OVUS1. He is the company man here.

Years of Experience

SHHHH!!!! Dammit AUL you spoil all the fun! :P
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Thanks RD. Just what I wanted to hear.

Years of Experience

Always count on AULu to give you the poop and nothing but the poop.....yes, I'm the company man, but I'm the Locator turned company man....

I'll be happy to send you contact info for our customers in Virginia so that they can tell you what they think about us (assuming you are considering working for us in VA). You can also contact the Virginia State Corporation Commission Division of Utility & Railroad Safety and get their take on us.
    Last edited by OVUS1; April 17th, 2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added text
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

actually I was looking at the project posted for GA. Brunswick area to be exact. I would like to get back close to the Jacksonville area where I have two grown boys living with their families. That would put me a hour from them and easy access up interstate 95 to the Fayetteville NC area where my dad is. But most of all, it keeps me in the locate industry.
    Last edited by ctdon1952; April 17th, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Tks OVUS but I have already found out that you have one hell of a outstanding company with the way locators are treated. That means alot to locators. If you guys are still looking for GA, let me know and I will send you my resume.

Years of Experience

Got it. We only do gas in south Georgia, and have held the contract for about 2.5 years now. Just renewed for 3 additional years in January of this year. Brunswick and Savannah are the hot spots, and with the new Georgia Large Project rule taking legal effect May 1, there will be a lot of work down there. Local customer contacts are solid, good folks, and not too much OT because ticket counts are down due to economy. Maps are good, but access to service cards is fairly limited. Let me know if you run into any snags from our end during the process.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about them personally. Seem to be an up and up company. The owner's a nice guy too!
    I feel the love RD.......

Careful though, you'll ruin your reputation talking good about a nasty old owner.....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    I feel the love RD.......

Careful though, you'll ruin your reputation talking good about a nasty old owner.....
    I've never slammed owners. Without them we wouldn't have a job in the first place. (Though I have begun questioning exactly what certain company's execs are thinking lately). Only time I've taken a negative stance against owners in the forum, was when we discussed who should make decisions in the NULCA. I'd just prefer an unbiased or a more diverse (owners, utility reps, AND technicians) council.

Other than that I'm usually the one ranting about lazy, incompetent, workers, with no work ethic, that make life hard on owners and employees alike. You must have me confused with someone else?
    Last edited by RD_Wrangler; April 17th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Just joking RD..... even with our shared passion for locating life is serious enough for me. My wit is an aquired taste I assure you...

I'm thinking about enrolling in the USIC1 school of locating and English language/diction.....I think it's a half-hour course. Does membership in this site entitle me to any sort of discount?

Thanks OVUS1. I email P.R. and attached my resume to him. Hope to hear back soon from him.

I'm thinking about enrolling in the USIC1 school of locating and English language/diction.....I think it's a half-hour course. Does membership in this site entitle me to any sort of discount?
    You'll have to ask SIC1's friend Barry first. He might be able to get you a loan.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

.I think it's a half-minute course.
    Fixed it for ya! lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast