Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need overtime???

Years of Experience

Default need overtime???

we have plenty of work this weekend in lafayette ....anyone want to work??? if you know how to swing a locater and paint a couple of orange yllow or red lines to cover yourself ....we will put you to work~~~~~....not meaning to sound desparate but if you know how to put paint on the ground your hired!!!! haahah
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: need overtime???

I am joking of course !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

fly me out there give me $35 an hours ill knock out 40 or so a day for 2 days for you lol
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Ill bid $50/hr. plus flights, truck/tools, etc

Plus Ill need some good cajun food (nothing with intention of giving me the trots tho..lol)
    (May you live in interesting times)

Lafayette, Indiana? You guys do cable television, telephone, and electrical power?

Quote Originally Posted by JMilbragen View Post
    Lafayette, Indiana? You guys do cable television, telephone, and electrical power?
    Yahoo's in Louisiana; along with the rest of the paper bag toting Saints fans.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

starting to look like i'm going to be passing over the bag !!!!!! hahhh !!!

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

I very rarely work overtime. I used to enjoy it, but now I cannot stand it. I bust my a$$ during the day to get my stuff done so I can leave at quitting time. Quitting time is the highlight of my day, when the company computer gets turned off and so does the damn cell phone.

I wish I had just one more week of vacation to use this year....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Quitting time? Here quitting time is when you get your last ticket done - and that's on the week-ends also. 7 days a week now - we've lost over 1/2 of our crew from last year. 74 hrs last week and maybe more this week. But, "Help is on the way"!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    "Help is on the way"!
    Ever care to guess how many times I have been told that when my area gets behind because I had to go to another area and help that locator out.

That's why I don't go to another help to help if I have over 10 tickets due the next day or the day after unless it is in writing from my sup that someone will come help me.

My area, my utilities and my contractors come first before anyone else's, especially with the way things have been going lately.

One day I left at 6:00pm (2 hours overtime to get my area caught up), had only 1 job left for the next day. Called my sup, he told me he was sending me to help in another area, about 1.5 hrs away from me. I clock in the next mroening to do my ticket, and bam....I have over 75 in my area, all 4 way tickets and projects too. My sup says "oh well, guess you need to get busy". I had to work 2 large projects (total of 3 miles of MAJOR highway) in the other guys area and then the projects in mine.....I have been pissed ever since.

For the most part the locators in my group all call and talk with each other every few days so we kinda now what is going on before the sup even thinks about calling us 3 or 4 days later. I love it now that I HARDLY ever hear from my sup, usually 2-3 times per week, and thats fine with me....

Used to, I didn't mind helping out or working overtime, but what has my company done for me lately? Yeah, I just got a "cost of living increase" on my miserable paycheck, but everything else has gone up too. Health Insurance, fuel, food, clothing, medications, health care, and federal and state tax deductions (thanks to obama and bev perdue for those), not to mention utility costs (power, phone etc).

Reasons like this is why I have been so disgruntled for the last few months and will most likely remain that way until I either snap or die....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience

I'd kill for some decent OT. Worked 700+ hours of OT last year and made a killing. This year didn't even get 70 hours of OT. Sick, first time in ten years of locating I didn't make more than the previous year.

Out of state help would be welcomed with open arms by a bunch of us, but for some reason my bosses don't do the best job of making that information public knowledge. Either we hear about after it's already too late or we hear about it through the rumor mill.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

I did 75 hrs. in five days for 4 months. And things aren't slowing down. This is cutting in to my truck drive'n time in the fall hauling corn to Frito Lay. I hate the OT.

Years of Experience
    na

Im still sockin 20% away in the 401k (cant touch this ) w/o OT ...

Oh to bad Mr TAxman, you cant get in my pocket...

Mr Frugal, beans and weenies til I die!!!!

Mke
    Years of Experience

Help? When I was doing Public locates, helping other areas was the sign of the end.

I was asked to go into the next county over to help another office out, so I finished the tickets in my area and headed out.

Not only did I pass co-workers houses with company vehicles in the driveway at about 11:00, I showed up to help on on a realitively long locate, and she started on one end, and I started on the other. I got to the midway area and she was nowhere to be found.

I packed my gear up and headed down the road to find her and she was within the first 1000' of the locate pretending to draw maps.

Soon after that, I was "exchanged" with that office. My area was labled "low damage" and so their guy who was in the "high damage" area was given my area, and I was given his. Sounds fair right?

I guess the company didn't realize it wasn't the area that was "High Damage"

Now its about 8years later, I'm in a better Job with a bit more responsibility, and they just lost Qwest.

I wish they let the offices manage themselves. The workers and the local leads would be better at figureing where to place locator depending on experience.

oh well, Water under the bridge I guess.

mke

Damn listening to some of you guys I am so glad I work where I do. My Sup lets us handle our work loads. Meaning the lead insures that everyone has work to make production for the day. But of course the past few months there has been hand full of us that have been pushing 9-10 hrs days. That has now stopped since the tickets have taken a down slide. Only 1 or 2 are doing any OT..I choose to stop due to hunting season has begun.

No one rarely ever goes to another area to assist another group and if they do its the low man on the pole and he is only doing drop/lot tickets. We insure that he doesn't get anything that will really cost him his job. All projects and complicated tickets stay with the owner of the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast