Thread: Moving to Texas

Years of Experience

Default Moving to Texas

I'll be moving to Texas in the spring. I work for Utiliquest, and they don't operate there anymore. I know USIC operates there. What other companies work there? Anybody know who has a good batch of contracts, pays decent, and has decent benefits that don't cost an arm and a leg?
    Thanks

Years of Experience

Default Re: Moving to Texas

Texas is like a whole nother country ...what part of Texas ??? Heath Consultants is a good company.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Heath Consultants does gas only. They have Atmos in DFW, West TX, and Austin and Centerpoint in Houston. Centerpoint located fine for me when I helped in Houston. Atmos can be terrible and you can end up in an area where you'll be troubling tickets all day (old cast iron still and entire areas with useless tracer wire). Once you trouble it it's out of your hair though, just frustrating sometimes to not be able to get through your tickets and keep having some issue on all of them.

USIC has everything else that's contracted out. You can sometimes find in house gigs. Water districts and cities do their own locates. Some smaller utilities do their own stuff (Grande Communications in Austin and some other phone companies in the south).

Years of Experience

Looking to move to the Galveston area, so looks like most of the work is in and around Houston.

Years of Experience

CIG is the new lead dog in Houston. USIC lost AT&T and CCTV and have pretty much moved out of houston proper. Heath and ULS handle gas and electric but they are not the greatest to work for (ULS pays by the locate, and heath under pays)

Years of Experience

[QUOTE=bloch1991;57518]CIG is the new lead dog in Houston. USIC lost AT&T and CCTV and have pretty much moved out of houston proper. Heath and ULS handle gas and electric but they are not the greatest to work for (ULS pays by the locate, and heath under pays)[/QUOTE

Cig = consolidated infrastructure group? Pay and benefits ok? Take home vehicle?
    Thanks
    Dave

Years of Experience

Yep CIG is Consolidated. They are a jr. version of USIC. You do take home your truck. Pay and bennies are ok nothing great.