Thread: Mediacom??

Years of Experience

Default Mediacom??

I just seen there is an opening for a field tech for Mediacom. I am currently with USIC. I am thinking about applying for this job. Is there anybody here that can tell me what it is like working for Mediacom? I read a few reviews on Glassdoor and it looks like it might be a little bit better then USIC. Should I apply for this or would it suck as bad as USIC?

Default Re: Mediacom??

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDodds View Post
    I just seen there is an opening for a field tech for Mediacom. I am currently with USIC. I am thinking about applying for this job. Is there anybody here that can tell me what it is like working for Mediacom? I read a few reviews on Glassdoor and it looks like it might be a little bit better then USIC. Should I apply for this or would it suck as bad as USIC?
    they don't pay good i hear. be prepared to take a pay cut for entry level positions there.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Where did you see this posting? I checked there site and didn't see any listings for a locator.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Put it this way, you will start out prob at 9.50 an hour like the rest of the cable companies start people out
    And you will work weekends and shift work. If I were you I would stay where your at.

Years of Experience

When I was field supervisor in a Mediacom area... I Interviewed quite a few Mediacom locators for positions we were hiring for when CUS was still CUS... On the whole, most of them did not like their jobs.. (low to no support from supes, inferior equipment, high demands, high liability, etc...)

I hired one of them that turned out to be a pretty decent locator for CUS