Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my job at USIC after 10 Years od service

Im being moderated

Default Lost my job at USIC after 10 Years od service

I lost my job Friday after 10 years of service at USIC / SM&P. Some people would say this is bad news but for me I have never felt so great. My wife and I were not surpised. I have sat back and watch a great company like SM&P turn into a huge ugly monster from Hell which treat its employee like trash. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life. I which I could be a Locator but USIC has the whole State of IL in its pocket. I do not think that will last very long. I will all ways pray for USIC locators

Years of Experience

Default Re: Lost my job at USIC after 10 Years od service

Sorry to hear that, what area did you have?? Metro east??

Years of Experience

And I am sorry to hear this as well. I have a friend who was there for 9 yrs. and was an amazing locator. It truly looks like it's anything to save a buck time and that usually precedes a sale. I sure hope so, because they are a stain on the industry with no scruples to speak of. Honesty? Integrity? Rare in the contract industry, and nonexistent in the USIC managers realm.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ExUSIC View Post
    I lost my job Friday after 10 years of service at USIC / SM&P. I will always pray for USIC locators
    Hey Buddy - I am a 14 year USICer who thanks you for your prayers. I am sorry about your loss of a 10 year job. I realize there is much, much more to your story that you're not telling the'Viners. Frankly, I'm not interested in the details. As for me, I know what production/quality USIC expects from me and I struggle daily to keep from being the next guy cut loose.

This much I know, it's difficult to find work in an economy that's not hiring. There are very few good jobs available - even for those that CAN pass a piss test....... You will quickly find there is nothing made in America today; except babies.................... and lying, corrupt politicians owned by Wall Street. Good luck. Luv Ya Man!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

I lost my job Friday after 10 years of service at USIC / SM&P. Some people would say this is bad news but for me I have never felt so great. My wife and I were not surpised. I have sat back and watch a great company like SM&P turn into a huge ugly monster from Hell which treat its employee like trash. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life. I which I could be a Locator but USIC has the whole State of IL in its pocket. I do not think that will last very long. I will all ways pray for USIC locators
    I've been with USIC for almost 9 years, and I seek reassurance almost daily that my job isn't in jeopardy as long as I meet the goals that are asked of me. I worry every day that the big boys will opt to bring in a newbie or two to take my place, if only because those new techs would be making several dollars less per hour.

Sorry to hear you were let go. I've had my wife and kids on standby these past few weeks myself, thinking any day could be my last at USIC.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Im being moderated

Do to a pending Lawsuit with USIC and a 2 year battle of a worksmen comp case I cant say why I got let go.

I'm so glad others are coming out with the truth I have been saying for over a year on here. I was one of the first to expose USIC and their dishonest ways. I predict multiple law suits, contracts lost and the demise of USIC in the future.

Do to a pending Lawsuit with USIC and a 2 year battle of a worksmen comp case I cant say why I got let go.
    Well, at least we know it doesn't have anything to do with the new production goals.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Im being moderated

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    I'm so glad others are coming out with the truth I have been saying for over a year on here. I was one of the first to expose USIC and their dishonest ways. I predict multiple law suits, contracts lost and the demise of USIC in the future.
    Talk about dishonesty USIC covered up a Fiber hit owned by State Farm Ins. Co. in Bloomington IL. A friend of mine who lives and locates in Bloomington for USIC said that City of Bloomington Water dept. hit a unmarked fiber after USIC preformed a locate. Two Supervisors and a DM were involved in the cover-up. No one has been fired. USIC had prints but there have not been give them out to locators after the CUS buy out. Locators have been complaining about the print issue for sometime. Verizon, Comcast, Ameren, prints are so outdated. Someone is going to get killed!!! He also was said one locator has been clearing out four way locates without doing the locate upto ten a day. And we wonder why contractor are so upset.

i was also let go earlier this year from usic 17 years down the drain.they wanted me to come back with out restrictions . it was their fault to begin with not giving their workers the proper equipment to do the job with until after the injury happened. I know others that were also let go;work restrictions or just slow what ever their new policy is to FIRE anybody that is on restrictions or just slow I am also going after them from every direction I can.everybody should get together and file a class action suit they are breaking laws. IF YOU IDIOTS FROM CORPORATE ARE READING THIS GOOD GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES And quit treating the employees like SHIT. after all the employees make your pay check . cause sure and the hell aint you. do you sleep good mike staton and other idiots in corporate. if you do your soon to start having night mares dont think for a minute you got away with MURDER BECAUSE YOU DIDNT!!!!!! I will put the HURT ON AND YOUR PRECIOUS STOCK HOLDERS

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    i was also let go earlier this year from usic 17 years down the drain.they wanted me to come back with out restrictions . it was their fault to begin with not giving their workers the proper equipment to do the job with until after the injury happened. I know others that were also let go;work restrictions or just slow what ever their new policy is to FIRE anybody that is on restrictions or just slow I am also going after them from every direction I can.everybody should get together and file a class action suit they are breaking laws. IF YOU IDIOTS FROM CORPORATE ARE READING THIS GOOD GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES And quit treating the employees like SHIT. after all the employees make your pay check . cause sure and the hell aint you. do you sleep good mike staton and other idiots in corporate. if you do your soon to start having night mares dont think for a minute you got away with MURDER BECAUSE YOU DIDNT!!!!!! I will put the HURT ON AND YOUR PRECIOUS STOCK HOLDERS
    Wow, you are a bit crabby......
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Wouldn't you be??? Idiot

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Wouldn't you be??? Idiot
    Whether or not he would be isn't the point friend. I find it is right on the money here. The locator is crabby. We all get crabby. No sense in calling a fellow viner an idiot.

I worked for sm&p for 17 and have been out of the field due to a back injury still was doing on call though
    Called my supervisor on Friday 10 -28 that I was going in for surgery on 11-7 he called me back on Monday the 31st and told me to bring my truck to the office when I got there they fired me
    Found out they also fired another 17 year employee because he was on work restrictions
    A few months earlier they fired a 16 year employee because of his work restrictions
    So they just fired every locator that has been injured on the job in my area
    Where else did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Ha ha... good play on words Ifindit... since his handlel is "crabby" !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast