Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lol usic

Default Lol usic

i quit today.
    3 year's of loyal work. I have never saw a more poorly ran company in all of my life. The management treats you like complete crap.. I work 70 hours a week but when i need to leave an hour early to pick up my daughter from school i'm told i can but i will now have to go ahead and work the weekend.
    usic is a joke.
    Wait and see. give it a little while - all of your workers will be OUT THE DOOR the second they get an opportunity for a new job. I would rather work at mcdonalds than this "company"

good riddance.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Lol usic

good luck dude wherever you go!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Good Luck!!

So another one bites the dust. I hope someone in corporate or Mr. "give me a donation" Mike Slayton is paying attention. Its not too late, admit you made a mistake with gps and start treating your techs with some respect. We are not slaves!!! We do not appretiate being lied to. "The economy is bad , so we are making some cut backs", "how about donating to my charity, even though we just made cut backs"..... HA HA, we lied, here's gps!! USIC is a joke and is the worst locate company out there. Morale is worse than I've ever seen in any situation in my life. I'm just waitug for someone to go "postal" because of USIC policies.

Want to hear another good one? We will be losing a division of our gas contract starting this coming Monday, Aug. 23rd. I've known about this for a few months now, as a few of my buddies went to work for the "competition".... USIC has yet to inform any of us that we will be losing this division, and it's now less than a week away. I just love how management decides to keep everyone in the dark until the bitter end..... What's funny is, we've already lost two major electric contracts and a small fiber contract in Western PA , and we were told that we would not lose another contract to this other firm. I would predict that we lose the other divisions of this gas contract within 6 months, and from there probably our remaining contracts as well........

Just out of curiousity, you other guys that work for USIC, are they losing contracts like this in other states as well? I'd like to get an idea of how many contracts CLS and SM&P have lost since USIC merged the two companies.

Quote Originally Posted by 2RUDE View Post
    Want to hear another good one? We will be losing a division of our gas contract starting this coming Monday, Aug. 23rd. I've known about this for a few months now, as a few of my buddies went to work for the "competition".... USIC has yet to inform any of us that we will be losing this division, and it's now less than a week away. I just love how management decides to keep everyone in the dark until the bitter end..... What's funny is, we've already lost two major electric contracts and a small fiber contract in Western PA , and we were told that we would not lose another contract to this other firm. I would predict that we lose the other divisions of this gas contract within 6 months, and from there probably our remaining contracts as well........

Just out of curiousity, you other guys that work for USIC, are they losing contracts like this in other states as well? I'd like to get an idea of how many contracts CLS and SM&P have lost since USIC merged the two companies.

USIC has not lost any contracts yet in my area. But, they have lost so many senior techs due to gps and their policies, it will only be a matter of time. My office was ranked 3rd in the nation on number of tickets completed without a damage before gps. Now, we are at the bottom, and are on pace to stay there. I wonder if upper management will ride this sinking ship all the way to the bottom before they realize they made a mistake with their policies?

Years of Experience

It's amazing how they are falling. What Contracts do they have left in PA? Wasn't PA the main state for CLS?

Years of Experience

CLS headquarters was in PA... anyone have the owner or presidents email? hell ill send him a email for you guys
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

we are close to loosing the contract with consumers energy. They have put us on notice

Jesus 2RUDE! I am sorry to hear about this..I guess I left at a good time for things on the east side of PA are no different. Hearing from a PPL contact I know that they are not happy either. What the hell happened to PA? 2008 and prior no one could compete with CLS for any of these contracts, now everything has fallen apart. If I were you I would make a move sooner than later, if Dominion made this move, there is more coming I bet. Good luck to you and the remaining guys. what a shame for PA.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; August 18th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.

Newb here.. been with CLS for 3 years, just glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's had enough of USIC's bullshit policies, lies, and poor management

Newb here, been with CLS for 3 years. It's nice to see I'm not the only one sick of USIC's bullshit policies, lies, and poor management

Quote Originally Posted by Locator in NY View Post
    It's amazing how they are falling. What Contracts do they have left in PA? Wasn't PA the main state for CLS?
    Aside from the remaining gas divisions, we do First Energy, Windstream, Verizon North in my area, there could also be a couple other small contracts. I think they do a little bit of catv as well, just not in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by pipehorn king View Post
    USIC has not lost any contracts yet in my area. But, they have lost so many senior techs due to gps and their policies, it will only be a matter of time. My office was ranked 3rd in the nation on number of tickets completed without a damage before gps. Now, we are at the bottom, and are on pace to stay there. I wonder if upper management will ride this sinking ship all the way to the bottom before they realize they made a mistake with their policies?
    That sounds like exactly what happened here.... Most of our veterans moved on to either go to work either directly for utility companies, or another locating company. In the last couple of years, we lost 12-15 highly experienced guys that new their areas like the back of their hand and rarely had a damage, most of these guys had been here 10-20 years. CLS made a big mistake by letting these guys walk.

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not "gleeful" , by any stretch about the current turn of events. I have a lot of time invested with CLS/USIC and hate to see the company fail. The thought of starting over at another company is not at all appealing to me, I just hope it doesn't come to that, but how can a giant with overhead like USIC compete with a smaller streamlined company that has a much greater ratio of revenue producing employees to management positions, that are just a drain on the bottom line? Couple this with the fact that your top revenue producers are gone and have been replaced with new trainees that are not making near the revenue for the company and are getting a lot of damages to boot.... I think the fact that USIC was dumped in short order by the initial investment firm pretty much tells the story....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast