Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine
  • 1 Post By ifinditunderground
  • 5 Post By Mark

Thread: Line Finders inc II (unlocked) -

Years of Experience
    na

Default Line Finders inc II (unlocked) -

There must have been some merit to the original posting from earlier in the year that was nipped in the bud due to an apparent liable threat against this forum. My ongoing consideration in the evaluation of Line Finders recent/ongoing openings all the way up to the upper administrative level for recruitment in the same geographic region, lends to some amount of apprehension ?

Not to open a can of worms but just saying.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Line Finders inc II (unlocked) -

There was a threat against this forum by Linefinders and for that reason (partially) plus a conversation with the owner I decided to close it down. The threat was short lived and we had a good conversation. Just wanted to add that we both came to a good understanding.

Now... after doing my due research I find that forum owners cannot be held libel for posts made by 3rd party providers. In this case, you, the member of the forum. This is true under 47 U.S. Code 230. It says that I am not the publisher of the material and cannot be held libel for the posts.

This fact can be no more apparent than in the restaurant review world. Yelp.com laughs in the face of restaurant owners who threaten to sue them for the reviews posted on Yelp. But, they do take them serious when they tell the restauranteurs that they may remove the poor review for a fee.

Now, the restaurant owners have decided to train their artillery on the reviewers themselves. Although few are successful, the lawsuits are still out there.

So, USIC1, with that it mind, if you wish to discuss Line Finders Inc. knowing what you now know, feel free.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; July 28th, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
    Mark likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

UULC likes this.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post

I agree with Ifindit. Well said

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    There must have been some merit to the original posting from earlier in the year that was nipped in the bud due to an apparent liable threat against this forum. My ongoing consideration in the evaluation of Line Finders recent/ongoing openings all the way up to the upper administrative level for recruitment in the same geographic region, lends to some amount of apprehension ?

Not to open a can of worms but just saying.
    Could you please opine on your thoughts a little further, my good friend? You have the green light, just try to make some sense.

Years of Experience

THIS ought to be good !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    There was a threat against this forum by Linefinders and for that reason (partially) plus a conversation with the owner I decided to close it down. The threat was short lived and we had a good conversation. Just wanted to add that we both came to a good understanding.

Now... after doing my due research I find that forum owners cannot be held libel for posts made by 3rd party providers. In this case, you, the member of the forum. This is true under 47 U.S. Code 230. It says that I am not the publisher of the material and cannot be held libel for the posts.

This fact can be no more apparent than in the restaurant review world. Yelp.com laughs in the face of restaurant owners who threaten to sue them for the reviews posted on Yelp. But, they do take them serious when they tell the restauranteurs that they may remove the poor review for a fee.

Now, the restaurant owners have decided to train their artillery on the reviewers themselves. Although few are successful, the lawsuits are still out there.

So, USIC1, with that it mind, if you wish to discuss Line Finders Inc. knowing what you now know, feel free.
    I tried to tell you that Admin. There was a big case at the time against Angie's List. The results were exactly what you mentioned. A business owner can always respond with a rebuttal but YOU and the site are not liable. If you were what good would this site be. An honest review is an honest review. You might consider adding another thread that is company reviews. Might be fun! ha

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I know and I appreciate the heads up. Nothing personal but I've learned to rely on several sources as opposed to just one when it comes to information from the internet.

There actually is a forum for that... Company Info
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

i've been tinking about applying at Line Finders. Sounds like an alllllllllllsome job. anybody have any NEW insight about this company????

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    i've been tinking about applying at Line Finders. Sounds like an alllllllllllsome job. anybody have any NEW insight about this company????
    Did you see any of the treads last year. There was a lot of truth to them. I would advise you not to apply. However, who knows maybe just getting out in that area will put in a position to be with a better company. Just remember the old adage "If something seems to good to be true, it probably is"