Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had the choice

Years of Experience

Default If you had the choice

In your opinion, if you had the choice, keeping in mind todays economy.
    What would you do to make your company the best place to work. For example;I would never hire a supervisor/managers unless they had been experienced contract locators with at least 4 years under thier belts. What would you like to see your company change to make it a better more productive place to work...........
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: If you had the choice

Hey there Ninja, hope things are going well with you! WELCOME BACK buddy!

In reply, one thing I would like to see done is more emphasis put on hiring team players...interviewing, back ground checks, reference checks etc. to determine who possesses this much needed trait.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I would not hire a locator who has not been in the field in the last 5 years, or has a permenant discoleration on the tip of his nose.

Hope all is well Ninja, I would like to see the management team have to work in the field (run tickets) on occasion. Mostly the same as you said.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

i would like to see my company take out big brother out of our trucks and put a little more trust into their employees....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i would like to see my company take out big brother out of our trucks and put a little more trust into their employees....
    Agreed yahoo. But trustworthy locators have to help by kicking the living sh** out of the goldbrickers and sandbaggers out there as well.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

hahhaha i don't show them no mercy!!!!! good one RD
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Hope all is well Ninja, I would like to see the management team have to work in the field (run tickets) on occasion. Mostly the same as you said.
    UPPER management!!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Agreed yahoo. But trustworthy locators have to help by kicking the living sh** out of the goldbrickers and sandbaggers out there as well.

Could not agree more RD. Some of the Asshats I have worked with make me want to

(oh, oh...did I say that in my out loud voice...oops!)
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post

I still don't understand how some people can be consistantly so slow. Even on a bad day I think I get more done than some guys get done on a good day.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post

I still don't understand how some people can be consistantly so slow. Even on a bad day I think I get more done than some guys get done on a good day.
    It's called dragging ass and doing as little as possible for as much as possible. It seems to be the going trend for todays work force.

Present Co. excepted of course
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I am all for getting paid as much as possible for as little work that is acceptable.

However, I believe that one has a job, and your name and reputation is on the line, and you need to give it your all.

I have worked with people that constantly preformed lower then me, and I thought some times that I dragged A$$ and still completed more tickets then they did.

go figure.

Years of Experience

Sorry guys, I guess I am the exception, I am NOT one of the "high number" guys, but I get my work done, and have kept my hits WAY down. I ALSO am one of the first people in my area to get the call when someone needs help. I CAN get my speed up a bit for a while, but if I keep it there my hits/failed audits go up.

I don't set the world on fire, but I'm not slow either. My thought is this. If someone is slow due to the type of normal tickets they do, fine (i.e. lots of high profile all the time). But as long as they give 100% I don't care. Now if it's someone obviously sandbagging, I'll call them out in a heartbeat. I don't care if they get pissed off or not.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Exactly Beyond. I don't expect anything more from anyone than what they CAN do. It's the actually DOING it that people seem to have a problem with.

If I take a person's (company, employer, whatever) money, I give 110%, otherwise I haven't earned my pay. Doing less than my best and still getting full pay is the same as walking in and taking somone's wallet in my book. It's called theft, and if a person does it, they are a theif, period.

Sandbaggers/Goldbrickers S U C K !

Per Scientiam Vires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast