Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiring process at USIC

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default Re: Hiring process at USIC

With USIC farming out their hiring process out I do not think a reference really matters any more

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    With USIC farming out their hiring process out I do not think a reference really matters any more
    Shocking.

Way to go corporate America.

Hey yall first post i have a couple of questions about USIC. First off allow me to tell you Ive been a cable and fiber optics tech for 8 years so when it comes to stress and workloads i know a thing or to. Im trying to get out of the attics before they kill me and applied for USIC. I had my face to face interview today it was at a holiday inn express and only took about 15 min. It was conducted by an HR lady. I feel like i did alright and that my experience in the utility industry is top notch but the interview being so short kind of concerned me. I really want this job an im kind of concerned about the interview being so short. I was wondering how long yall interviews were with them. I saw a list with about 25 names or so on the list so it may have been that they were just trying to get through with em and I also pretty much answered all the questions she had before she even asked em so that may have been why. She said I would get word either way at the beginning of next week after they finished conducting interviews and that they were starting a class the week after that. Ive know someone on the inside that said they just picked up an ATT contract and thats why they need the help.

Like i said i am wondering if any of you had short interviews and also if they are a decent company to work for. Ive heard good things but never can have to many opinions.

Years of Experience

I did not get an interview at all and I got hired ! ...
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Do some more research on USIC using this forum and other sources around the interwebs... there are a lot of bad things (imho) about working at USIC, there are some (albeit very few) good things... that said... if you are not super desperate about quitting your current job... then stay there or look elsewhere for a locator opportunity

X2 !!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by The Big-E View Post
    Do some more research on USIC using this forum and other sources around the interwebs... there are a lot of bad things (imho) about working at USIC, there are some (albeit very few) good things... that said... if you are not super desperate about quitting your current job... then stay there or look elsewhere for a locator opportunity
    Words of wisdom. Any company is better. Any.

McDonalds is always hiring!

Hey oldschoolcabledog. I had a short interview as well and was hired. I have no experience but have a good work record. I am starting class on the 17th. One more thing. I've noticed USIC gets a lot of grief on this forum and others. I left law enforcement in 2009 looking for something less dangerous for my family before that I was in the Army Infantry. I started working at a warehouse for 10 bucks an hour working anywhere from 10 to 17 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. Insurance was crappy and no 401k. I really want a fresh start with more money. I was driving an hour to work in a truck that gets roughly 10 miles per gallon and never any type of bonuses. With that said maybe tone down making a company sound like the devil. for some this is a step forward and a blessing. I like the info but dislike hearing such negative talk all the time. Thanks.
    Last edited by milinkojms2000; September 7th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by milinkojms2000 View Post
    hey oldschoolcabledog. I had a short interview as well and was hired. I have no experience but have a good work record. I am starting class on the 17th. One more thing. I've noticed usic gets a lot of grief on this forum and others. I left law enforcement in 2009 looking for something less dangerous for my family before that i was in the army infantry. I started working at a warehouse for 10 bucks an hour working anywhere from 10 to 17 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. Insurance was crappy and no 401k. I really want a fresh start with more money. I was driving an hour to work in a truck that gets roughly 10 miles per gallon and never any type of bonuses. With that said maybe tone down making a company sound like the devil. For some this is a step forward and a blessing. I like the info but dislike hearing such negative talk all the time. Thanks.

your last job sounds just like usic

Exclamation Re: Hiring process at USIC

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    your last job sounds just like usic
    Except they will pay my gas and my start off pay is what people are making at my last job as managers with 15 years exp.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by milinkojms2000 View Post
    Hey oldschoolcabledog. I had a short interview as well and was hired. I have no experience but have a good work record. I am starting class on the 17th. One more thing. I've noticed USIC gets a lot of grief on this forum and others. I left law enforcement in 2009 looking for something less dangerous for my family before that I was in the Army Infantry. I started working at a warehouse for 10 bucks an hour working anywhere from 10 to 17 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. Insurance was crappy and no 401k. I really want a fresh start with more money. I was driving an hour to work in a truck that gets roughly 10 miles per gallon and never any type of bonuses. With that said maybe tone down making a company sound like the devil. for some this is a step forward and a blessing. I like the info but dislike hearing such negative talk all the time. Thanks.
    It may be different for you and you might be in one of the few good areas of USIC. As for USIC it has left a really bad taste in several people's mouth. That letter the former usic employee sent out in general can be applied to most locating companies, just usic is probably at the top of the list.I would just filter the bad out from your reads. You did bring up one of the hidden gems about locating in your reply. a company vehicle and gas paid for, no repairs cost or insurance. A family doesn't need a second car maybe. I put less than 4K miles on my personal vehicle. I figure I save about $4K a year with not needing a newer vehicle or the higher insurance, fuel cost and repairs.

I know I will be saving on gas, I was spending around 90 bucks a week which is around 4600 a year. I would sometimes spend more on gas depending if the gas prices went up again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12