Thread: hey yahoo

Years of Experience

Default hey yahoo

whats up with all the help wanted ads down around your area for cus got ads for lou. ala.and tenn. they gettin ready to take over a major contract, should i pack my bags?

Years of Experience

Default Re: hey yahoo

they taking over the att contracts in all those states and this one! They want to hire mostly new people from what I am hearing! It 's going to be crazy for the next couple of months.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    they taking over the att contracts in all those states and this one! They want to hire mostly new people from what I am hearing! It 's going to be crazy for the next couple of months.
    who did they take the work from? USIC??

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    That is a problem in the industry, many firms do not wnat to hire experienced locators. They want noobies who they can train to be "their way". Among the noobies, and those with experience but only a year or two, I see a lot of terminations due to misconduct. Everything from being late, absenteeism, leaving early, faking tickets to the private use of company vehicle. This can and does happen with some more experienced locators but in my experience if a locator has lasted a number of years they are doing things right. And if not doing things "right" they are getting accurate marks and little to no damages.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    That is a problem in the industry, many firms do not wnat to hire experienced locators. They want noobies who they can train to be "their way". Among the noobies, and those with experience but only a year or two, I see a lot of terminations due to misconduct. Everything from being late, absenteeism, leaving early, faking tickets to the private use of company vehicle. This can and does happen with some more experienced locators but in my experience if a locator has lasted a number of years they are doing things right. And if not doing things "right" they are getting accurate marks and little to no damages.
    And when it comes right down to it? Cheap labor. If they can do it with a punk at 11 bucks an hour, they are heroes of management.....

These statements are halfway true at least. We try to hire over mainly experienced techs from whatever company we buy the contract we pick up. We hired almost all of USIC's AT&T crew in Charlotte NC. But alot of times these techs don't jump over so we have to fall back and hire new guys. Comes with business but we do try to get experienced first, so when the contract switches to us, we hit the ground running and don't loose any ground.

Meant Utiliquest in Charlotte

Years of Experience

Utiliquest
    Quote Originally Posted by boozerr View Post
    who did they take the work from? USIC??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

dude, you are so funny....I appreciate that good laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    And when it comes right down to it? Cheap labor. If they can do it with a punk at 11 bucks an hour, they are heroes of management.....