Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey u.s.i.c..... Bring back mobile dispatch!!!!

Default Re: Hey u.s.i.c..... Bring back mobile dispatch!!!!

Don't be suprised. This is just the start of converting everything, programs, policies, pay systems, management the whole ball of wax to the failed Consolidated way.

Putting what you located on a ticket isn't a company wide policy at least not with legacy cus in my area. Just have to put in comments if the ticket is past due.

Well, tomorrow's the day for Texas to convert - can't wait.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I know I'm reviving a fairly old thread, but I wanted to say two things: 1) In our district, T-Rx was a nightmare primarily due to the built-in photo attachment process which was frustratingly slow. Sometimes up to 15 minutes of everything being frozen just to process 10 photos. Now they are using UPM to handle the photo attachment which is a breeze in comparison. The two in conjunction are fairly good. I have my own gripes, but I've also found a couple nice features that I'm thinking the supervisors have no idea exist. And for that reason, I'm not sayin' nothin about it here

2) A few of you have posed the question "why fix what isn't broken." Here's the honest answer: The company that made TicketRx, MWM Solutions, was purchased by CUS. As we all know at this point, CUS was absorbed into USIC. Thus, Mobile Dispatch was not owned by USIC and required licensing fees, whereas T-Rx is now owned by USIC and thus free to use (and they make money by licensing it to other companies at a free of $60 per user per month. We're actually lucky it's a fairly decent piece of software, because I think they would have glagly switched us over a much bigger POS regardless just because it was free.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by threephase View Post
    I know I'm reviving a fairly old thread, but I wanted to say two things: 1) In our district, T-Rx was a nightmare primarily due to the built-in photo attachment process which was frustratingly slow. Sometimes up to 15 minutes of everything being frozen just to process 10 photos. Now they are using UPM to handle the photo attachment which is a breeze in comparison. The two in conjunction are fairly good. I have my own gripes, but I've also found a couple nice features that I'm thinking the supervisors have no idea exist. And for that reason, I'm not sayin' nothin about it here

2) A few of you have posed the question "why fix what isn't broken." Here's the honest answer: The company that made TicketRx, MWM Solutions, was purchased by CUS. As we all know at this point, CUS was absorbed into USIC. Thus, Mobile Dispatch was not owned by USIC and required licensing fees, whereas T-Rx is now owned by USIC and thus free to use (and they make money by licensing it to other companies at a free of $60 per user per month. We're actually lucky it's a fairly decent piece of software, because I think they would have glagly switched us over a much bigger POS regardless just because it was free.
    If I remember right from when I used to work at CLS during the original merger, the reason they went with Mobile Dispatch instead of Translore was because Mobile Dispatch was created and maintained by SM&P.

Threephase, send me those features by PM - I'd like to know what they are. Nothing else has been that great about Trx.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
    If I remember right from when I used to work at CLS during the original merger, the reason they went with Mobile Dispatch instead of Translore was because Mobile Dispatch was created and maintained by SM&P.
    I'm not sure Millertime, you could be right. I thought MD was a third party application but I could be wrong. I do know that CUS owned T-Rx but I could be mistaken about MD. If USIC owned/created that one then I'm not sure what all reasons they had for switching to T-Rx. One benefit I can see is on the management side (things like load balance, mapping, and on call calendar creation/changes are significantly easier for supervisors now.) I still get hiccups as a locator, but it's been running fairly smoothly in the past few weeks. I'm just happy my crew is not required to explain what we marked, a simple "Marked" is all that's required. Saves a bit of time. I always just guessed in the past with Mobile Dispatch anyway... "Uh yeah I marked 100 drops, that sounds right!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12