Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey u.s.i.c..... Bring back mobile dispatch!!!!

Exclamation Hey u.s.i.c..... Bring back mobile dispatch!!!!

Just when I thought U.S.I.C couldn't get any worse....

The new T-Rx system has been a complete disaster.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Hey u.s.i.c..... Bring back mobile dispatch!!!!

We've been on Trex for over a month and I had my doubts but I actually like it alot better than Mobile Dispatch. There are still a couple bugs but I definately think it is much better.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Just when I thought U.S.I.C couldn't get any worse....

The new T-Rx system has been a complete disaster.
    I was disappointed but not surprised that they put us through T-Rx training nearly a month ago and made us wait all this time until it rolled out today. No refresher training as the rollout approached. No reminder emails to keep thing fresh on the mind. Just a paper packet from a short training course four weeks prior and whole lot of confusion.

Not many people like changes to their daily routines, so to switch from MD to T-Rx wasn't viewed as a good thing by most. By the end of the day, navigating through T-Rx wasn't bad at all, but we were told the driving force behind the switch was supposed to be how much easier T-Rx billing process was compared to MD. I don't see much of a difference. In fact, I found there was a little more clicking and navigating through the T-Rx billing process than on MD.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    I was disappointed but not surprised that they put us through T-Rx training nearly a month ago and made us wait all this time until it rolled out today. No refresher training as the rollout approached. No reminder emails to keep thing fresh on the mind. Just a paper packet from a short training course four weeks prior and whole lot of confusion.

Not many people like changes to their daily routines, so to switch from MD to T-Rx wasn't viewed as a good thing by most. By the end of the day, navigating through T-Rx wasn't bad at all, but we were told the driving force behind the switch was supposed to be how much easier T-Rx billing process was compared to MD. I don't see much of a difference. In fact, I found there was a little more clicking and navigating through the T-Rx billing process than on MD.
    Probably the reason they switched is the TrX makes the billing on THEIR end easier, therefore saving them money while forcing production goals (or QUOTAS) down the field techs throat. USIC has no actual "dispatchers" anymore, just a computer that calls you when a @NDREQUEST, REXMIT, RUSH, or EMERGENCY come in. What a waste of time, effort and money.

They took something that wasn't broken and "fixed it" and loks at all of the problems it has caused. My buddy over at USIC was telling me about all the problems with the photo uploader updates and all that. It seems to me they get something working just fine and then screw it up again....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience

Big boots if you just switched recently you'll get faster on the billing screen. There are a ton of shortcuts just like there was on MD. It just takes time to learn them.

If you work in just a one or two way area it won't be much faster but if you have 6-7 way locates it is much faster because with MD we always had to double bill them.

Years of Experience

I've had plenty of experience on both systems, and believe me, T-Rx is way more efficient and easier to use than MD... give it a little time and you will see...

And if your particular supe is worth anything, it's a lot easier for them to route tickets to the right person at all times...

They delayed our conversion until Feb 14th. Hopefully all the bugs will be fixed by then.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    They delayed our conversion until Feb 14th. Hopefully all the bugs will be fixed by then.
    Maybe yours will be the Trex Valentine's Day special with a red background.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Big boots if you just switched recently you'll get faster on the billing screen. There are a ton of shortcuts just like there was on MD. It just takes time to learn them.

If you work in just a one or two way area it won't be much faster but if you have 6-7 way locates it is much faster because with MD we always had to double bill them.
    The changeover isn't the problem. I know that in a few days we'll all be running T-Rx like champs. I just don't see enough of a difference between the two to have switched it over. I'm with locator_smbk. I think the change was made to the benefit of the billing department.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

The best part is you do not have to specify what you located, saves lots of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    The best part is you do not have to specify what you located, saves lots of time.
    One of the Consolidated locators that is now with USIC told us they had to put what they located in the comments section. If we are required to start doing this, I see no benefit to the locator, especially on 4-6 way locates. I am sure this depends on the agreement with the customer.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

spray, In this case i guess the old dog has to learn a new trick. From what Ive seen already it seems a hell of a lot easier to use and a lot more friendlier the md. TWO of the bugs are c2's and lead acess. Ill tell you this I would not hurt my feelings if load balance couldnt be done by anyone other then a sup!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyjob View Post
    spray, In this case i guess the old dog has to learn a new trick. From what Ive seen already it seems a hell of a lot easier to use and a lot more friendlier the md. TWO of the bugs are c2's and lead acess. Ill tell you this I would not hurt my feelings if load balance couldnt be done by anyone other then a sup!
    This is probably true but like I said in my previous post, if we have to list what we located in the notes section, I don't really see much of an advantage to Trx

Years of Experience
    too many

guess we will find out on the 14 th if they dont delay it again! Guess the it guy from corp was in arlington today..

Years of Experience
    too many

Update.....new date is feb 28th wow what a surprise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast