Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heath Consultants

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Heath Consultants

Anybody got direct feedback on Heath Consulting? Haven't got the hang on searching in the new forum format.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Heath Consultants

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Anybody got direct feedback on Heath Consulting? Haven't got the hang on searching in the new forum format.
    Got better at searching. Reports indicate slightly lower pay and ridiculously low pay increases. Also that overall a good company to work at and treat you decent.

Anybody got anything current to add please do so.

Years of Experience
    na

I do. But not on Heath specific... I just wanted to chime in after having a gander (no steve not that type of gander either) at the stock prices of Dycomm and Mastec...

All time highs!!!

so imagine most utility related service industry is rolling in it... and IT is nt poo poo either...

I guess we are nt on Wally World compensation but we aren't the beneficiaries of the great capital gains either...

even pike electric not doing to shabby...
    Last edited by USIC1; July 20th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I do. But not on Heath specific... I just wanted to chime in after having a gander (no steve not that type of gander either) at the stock prices of Dycomm and Mastec...

All time highs!!!

so imagine most utility related service industry is rolling in it... and IT is nt poo poo either...

I guess we are nt on Wally World compensation but we aren't the beneficiaries of the great capital gains either...

even pike electric not doing to shabby...
    From what
    I have been able to find Dycom has not paid dividends, profits, to the stock holders in so long the date is no longer listed. People buy Dycom stock in hopes someone will give them more money later. Dycom stock may as well be a boat, a hole in the water you through money into.

Dycom is a money making machine for it's top management, Board of Directors, etc. and not the layman stock holders. The stock really only exists for the benefit of the top management and the market price does not reflect any real value.

One of the values of such a stock to top management is pay packages that have 'stock options' where the management can buy stock directly from the company at a highly reduced price. They buy the stock cheap and then can sell it to the suckers, er, public.

It looks like the claimed profits disappear into bonuses and salary for their top people.

Years of Experience

Hey Pro ,
    I am starting with Heath today and so far so good , they didnt try to low ball me on starting pay but will keep you updated as it goes . You know me i wont hold back the truth is the truth .

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Hey Pro ,
    I am starting with Heath today and so far so good , they didnt try to low ball me on starting pay but will keep you updated as it goes . You know me i wont hold back the truth is the truth .
    Thanks! I a sure everyone here would want to hear. They opened a new office in Tampa and I will visiting relatives there in about two months. I will hunt down their new address and check them out.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience
    30+

I beleive they picked up a gas contract here in Tampa.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience

Hey Pro ,
    Ran into one of their field people today, he was working a meter reading contract. He said he had worked for them for ten years and liked it there, says he is well treated.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    I beleive they picked up a gas contract here in Tampa.
    They had an add on locatorjobs.com for that area. Looking for locators and also for techs for gas leak survey. Tampa, Saint Petersburg and Clearwater.

I am visiting family in St. Pete in a couple of months. I can stop by and sharpen you up with some extra field training.

Years of Experience

Heath was awarded a Gas Leak Survey contract in Tampa, no locates.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GWJ_CAS View Post
    Heath was awarded a Gas Leak Survey contract in Tampa, no locates.
    I am guessing that the locators they advertised for are needed to find location of the gas pipes to tighten up a leak survey.

Years of Experience

Well been training for a week now . Learning gas and related systems . And learning the laptop systems . Getting back into the groove easy enough and catching up to the tech and doing well i think.....lol
    My trainer has been giving me alot of good info and making sure i am understanding it .
    I was a little mislead about a few things , nothing big but enough to make sure i keep my eyes open but not near enough to quit . All in all i have had worse and better . But such is life . I can use what i know and have been taught to do well .

Years of Experience

Well traing going ok , have been with 3 different locators . Learned a little from each , all good info . There have been a few BUMPS in the road , locating equipment not all there , miscommunacation between departments that didnt have the correct info i needed to get things set up . It just seems , to me, that they are not as organized as i think they should be . But still i havent given up on them yet . But not as excited about working for them as i was .
    Thats just my thoughts .

Years of Experience

Well traing going ok , have been with 3 different locators . Learned a little from each , all good info . There have been a few BUMPS in the road , locating equipment not all there , miscommunacation between departments that didnt have the correct info i needed to get things set up . It just seems , to me, that they are not as organized as i think they should be . But still i havent given up on them yet . But not as excited about working for them as i was .
    Thats just my thoughts .
    If the location you are working is a start up then all you are reporting is standard among all firm. No matter how hard you try the offices and staff are all new to that location. So everything tends to get mis routed. It will be over six months before things begin settling down. Look for things to run smoothly after the first nine months to a year of a start up.

Years of Experience

you are right on those points but I did 3 start ups with one company and they had it all down , all the equipment and good trucks . everything was completely ready atleast a week before start up and spare trucks and equipment in case something went down . the start ups id did had atleast 4 offices ands about 15 set ups for locators . but that was then and this is now .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast