Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing allot of changes in IL

Default Re: Hearing allot of changes in IL

Be careful about what you hear from those Texas Sups. I don't think they will stop blowing smoke just because they are out of state! We do 2 different tel cos and several different gas cos, but for the most part we probably average only 2-3 way locates.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I have .

Tel.
    Catv
    Gas
    Elec
    Sewer
    Water
    Street Lights
    Traffic Signals
    Severl Fiber Co's

It can get really busy !
    A ol' man told me once never chase busses or women you'll always get left behind...

Sounds like job security to me!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wet_boots101 View Post
    Officially, starting tomorrow, SM&P IL is to locate AT&T at every emergency callout. The CLS guys have all been pulled out of the field for their electric / CATV / gas training (good luck passing the Nicor test!) and a few worthy souls from out of state have come out to help with the ticket load. I met an SM&P sup from Texas today in my area, and it was nice to visit with someone who does multiple companies for each util (i.e. 4 electric cos, 2 phone cos etc). I explained to him that in Northern IL it is the big 4, that's it. A couple cities with big enough populations have their own electric co-ops obviously, and then there's where Ameren / GTE scrounge up some of the business down in like, Livingston county...

It made me realize that up here in our areas it really won't be too bad - despite what you might think, shovelhead. It could be like our Canadian friend mentioned - many many facils to mark in an area. And while the tri-state area of WI-IL-IN is supposedly tough-ass to locate because the phone lines are so congested, I think if you get enough motivated people out there then things will eventually come around.

... And then I woke up.
    I have located 2 to 9 different utilities for over 15 years. 4 is no big deal. You will see. I will also becoming up on the 7th to help train. And to locate.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12