Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

Chicagoman

Default Goodbye

Well my fellow locators. I cant beleive what about to tell you, but we have been asked by the leadership of a District to not share anymore information or opinions about USIC are Company on this website. And if we are found to be on this site we will be in trouble with managment and possible lose are employment with said Company. So with great sadness I say goodbye. I will no longer talk about any other subject as well. I will watch you guys share your thoughts and opinions but I will no longer sign on. I must put my family first. I wish all well!!!

Default Re: Goodbye

Sorry that you have to leave us like that. I believe we can all understand family comes first. Your voice will be missed around here.

Haven't heard it down here yet. Usually when a company takes this type of action someone has something to hide. Can't you find other access and change your name ?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

take care dude hope things work out for you!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Haven't heard it down here yet. Usually when a company takes this type of action someone has something to hide. Can't you find other access and change your name ?
    This sounds slightly fishy.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Here is a thought. Don't make stupid posts about the company, and do not do it during work hours. But your posts were calling out Stayton. Not smart!! Just stay mostly on the political side and no one will care!!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoman View Post
    Well my fellow locators. I cant beleive what about to tell you, but we have been asked by the leadership of a District to not share anymore information or opinions about USIC are Company on this website. And if we are found to be on this site we will be in trouble with managment and possible lose are employment with said Company. So with great sadness I say goodbye. I will no longer talk about any other subject as well. I will watch you guys share your thoughts and opinions but I will no longer sign on. I must put my family first. I wish all well!!!

**** CLS! Tired of all those old bullies from Asplundh! Don't let these fools push you around. If they put out a gosh darn letter, post it in here! If they didn't want the world to know about it, then why email blast your employees with bullsh-t? Say the truth in here. If they tell you, you tell us. It's a free flow of information. This is not North Korea. USIC has to change those old mother ****rs all across the country or they will be bogged down with the CLS Saga. Please write what you feel. Just don't be stupid and give yourself away(if you care). I don't give a shit, So I say what I see.
    By the way, good luck in your future endeavors. There are lots of better opportunities out there than locating. I know you people are addicted to this job because half of you are lazy and love to take those trucks home and scalp gasoline for your lawn mowers, beats working in a factory.

Make a different name or something, and put your location as Manitoba, Canada
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience
    na

Im here for the long haul...

Its all about the attitude, ethics, and getting along with everyone which I stay vigilant about...

So long fair well a doo-doo doo-doo...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Im here for the long haul...

Its all about the attitude, ethics, and getting along with everyone which I stay vigilant about...

So long fair well a doo-doo doo-doo...

And don't let the doot hit you on the way out.

All kidding aside, I was excited when UIS bought out CLS. I really thought something good was coming in the horizon with these two merging powerhouses. I hate the way CLS (asplundh) ran things. I have been to every CLS office across this country and the bull crap that started in PA has permeated throughout every innocent county. Go to any CLS office in this nation and the employees act the f****ing same. The company's fear philosophy that started with one person has spread across the country to control the minds of every locator with scare tactics.
    UIS has to overhaul it's management. Too much control and policing. They want to spend money on installing GPS devices, Cameras, Lock out devices that shut your PC down when you put it on drive(erases your maps and closes out your screen), I mean so many constraints and so little pay. Now that the economy is bad, they want to low ball experienced locators and squeeze more production and use the "lose your job" fear tactics. Well, guess what, Hang in there if you get fired because Obama and the democrats are going to pump Billions of dollars into our industry. You will see the biggest construction boom ever and more stimulous checks that people will use to buy up all these cheap houses. These locating companies that have a choke hold on certain contract better look out! You will see all kinds of new locate companies and little niches poping up to get contracts. The tables will turn soon and you will be seeing locating and utility jobs in general all over the place. I promise you that! So don't sweat UIS. they won't be going far with the old way they operate. They have a big name United States Infra- Blablabla, but it's still CLS people with a diffrent name. Oh and by the way, Will you please get those gosh darn CLS Stickers off your trucks already!!! The name CLS makes me sick. I get flash backs of how bad I was treated when I worked for them.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    I was excited when USIC bought out CLS. I really thought something good was coming in the horizon with these two merging powerhouses. I hate the way CLS (asplundh) ran things. The company's fear philosophy that started with one person has spread across the country to control the minds of every locator with scare tactics. Too much control and policing. They want to spend money on installing GPS devices, Cameras, Lock out devices that shut your PC down when you put it on drive (erases your maps and closes out your screen). I mean so many constraints and so little pay. USIC has to overhaul it's management, but it's still CLS people with a diffrent name.
    The evil devices you mention are slated for USICers during 2009.

How are they going to explain all of these extra expenses when they are saying they will not be buying any new equipment because of the economy?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Banned

Well, basically they(managers across the country)are saying that they won't be buying new trucks, RD's, Laptops and what have ya. So if something breaks down, you are sent home and out of a job. People were switching laptops and trucks like underwear.So you have to work with what you got for now. A guy's truck broke down and he was sent home untill the repairs were done!No loner vehicles. They are scrutinizing the gasoline closely. If you are caught with the truck running while you locate, you are warned first, then fired on the spot second time. I know for a fact that United States infrastructure is waiting in line for big contracts that will be coming once the new administration steps in and opens the floodgates of billions for infrastructure overhaul in this country. That is why they aren't wasting time with the little scraps. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint are in line for the biggest hand out of money from the government in history.
    They are going to finish laying broadband and fiber in every nook and corner of America. Highways are going to be repaved, Bridges overhauled, Buildings, schools and hospitals renovated. I mean, the number one thing on the new administration's mind is putting people back to work even if it bankrupts us. So naturally it will be a chain reaction. Where ever there is construction, road bores, fiber lines, buildings.... somebody's got to locate the area. But what was I saying? Oh, the USIC A.K.A. "CLS" people are definately lining things up with the stimulous plan. I don't know how the hell we are going to do 35 tickets in 8 hours when the god darn laptop shuts down when we put the vehicle in drive. That is the most stupidest idea I have ever seen yet. Supposedly it helps us by shutting the PC down so you won't be distracted. If this was a good idea, then police officers would have done it. So now we got a camera in my face, we have to upload all these pictures with a cheap aircard. after I routed myself, the pc shuts down and I have to restart everytime at a new site?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
    Lock out devices that shut your PC down when you put it on drive(erases your maps and closes out your screen), .
    Ya! THIS is smart!! Now suddenly your production drops because you hae to keep stopping to see where you are going, You are going thru brakes a lot sooner because you have to stop more often, Your gas bill just jumped because you have to stop more often, And people are wearing out shifter linkage because you have to stop more often! WTH?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    The evil devices you mention are slated for USICers during 2009.
    Nice. Let's spend money where it's not needed, on this gestapo enforcing type of micro management. No wonder they had to put the wage freeze in place, remove the bonus program, and ice the referral program. It'll cost a bundle to set up the trucks & equipment like that!!

If they're that worried about how people are spending their time they should hire people with better character and work ethic, and in turn they should maybe question those that do the hiring since this seems to be such a problem. But wait, I forgot. Everything is the locator's fault.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast