Thread: Frontier in Pennsylvania

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Frontier in Pennsylvania

I hear that SOL lost the Frontier contract in Pennsylvania. USIC now locates Frontier. True? False?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Re: Frontier in Pennsylvania

We were told at work that USIC was taking over Frontier in Washington and Oregon. They're welcome to it as far as I'm concerned.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I hear that SOL lost the Frontier contract in Pennsylvania. USIC now locates Frontier. True? False?
    LOL it was either bail money to get Dervon and His wife aka HR out of jail. Or put gas on the cards. And personally knowing their track record, lets say they have been bailed out of jail. I assumed that company lost everything but the nevada stuff. But im going to assume they lost that also.

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I thought that Synergy One had already lost the Frontier locating work back in October of 2014? Are you saying they kept Pennsylvania Frontier for this long still?

And what about New York? Do they still have New York Frontier? Or was this also lost in October 2014?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    I thought that Synergy One had already lost the Frontier locating work back in October of 2014? Are you saying they kept Pennsylvania Frontier for this long still?

And what about New York? Do they still have New York Frontier? Or was this also lost in October 2014?
    I know they lost Indiana may of 2014 and illinois before that. I thought premeier had frontier in New York and PA but i could be wrong

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Oh was it May 2014 when Synergy One lost Frontier in the midwest? Sorry I thought it was later than that.

I just assumed they would lose thier Frontier locating in the neighboring states to the east as well. I had not heard anyone saying that Frontier in Pennsylvania and New York was being kept for Synergy One, so I thought they lost everything Frontier.

Can anyone confirm that Synergy One even has anything left at this point? Not just Frontier but ANY locating work at all?

The owner of Synergy One started a new company called Safe Marks recently. So if Synergy One was actually doing well, why was this new company started by the same owner?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    Oh was it May 2014 when Synergy One lost Frontier in the midwest? Sorry I thought it was later than that.

I just assumed they would lose thier Frontier locating in the neighboring states to the east as well. I had not heard anyone saying that Frontier in Pennsylvania and New York was being kept for Synergy One, so I thought they lost everything Frontier.

Can anyone confirm that Synergy One even has anything left at this point? Not just Frontier but ANY locating work at all?

The owner of Synergy One started a new company called Safe Marks recently. So if Synergy One was actually doing well, why was this new company started by the same owner?
    lol.....Lets hope they dont have anything left. And im going to assume he changed the name because he ran SOL into the ground in the midwest and out west and from what i hear on the east also. Hopefully the new company Dervon just sits his ass at home and keeps his money hungry ass out of the business side of things.

Years of Experience

Did some work for them here in PA for a bit (2014).....Lancaster County. Worked under Ted Ross. I was paid when I should have been, for the most part, what I should have been. Same story though like everywhere else...Drive Time....I guess no one understands that when you get behind the wheel of a company vehicle, you ARE on the clock...period.
    What is funny though is that isn't specific to Locating. Worked as an EMT for a company that did the same thing when tasked to do standby's....weren't paid until you got there.
    Anyway, the whole deal with SOL was nothing new to me...been around for a minute. Saw the writing on the wall and left.

Years of Experience

USIC has the Forntier work in NY & PA now.

Years of Experience

Not sure USIC likes me too much. Multiple applications in multiple markets.....willing and able to relocate.....not a word back from them. I must be on a 'list' even though I have never been employed by them...lol. Just companies they bought, like CLS and Premier.

Years of Experience

Problem appling at usic is they don't see it it goes to a agency and they send 5 apps at a time

Years of Experience

Yeah, it goes somewhere in Florida and THEN supposedly to where you specifically applied for, instead of going right to that particular office.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Wow Don, I didn't know you had worked for Synergy. I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you had hoped with them. Remember from the old days, when you said in regards to contract locating companies. "They all suck." So true.

I'm wondering if the areas you applied to for USIC are the same areas the old Premier guys still manage? Remember, you have to be one of the family if you want to survive there. Most of the managers there could not survive their own damage policies. Those nuggets of wisdom were all orginally your observations.

Did you know that Premier lost the national grid stray voltage contract a few years back to Davies Research Group? That might be an option to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Locator in NY View Post
    USIC has the Forntier work in NY & PA now.
    Thank you for providing confirmation on this.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng