Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ditech to buy USIC?

Default Ditech to buy USIC?

Just heard this rumor today - from a Utiliquest employee, Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Cool Re: Ditech to buy USIC?

dietech or dycon ind.........??????......I would be really suprised......
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Default Re: Ditech to buy USIC?

Actually I heard a rumor awhile back that USIC was looking at buying Premier.

Years of Experience

Dycom

Years of Experience

Cool Re: Ditech to buy USIC?

Ok.........Not so suprised.....I went onto the dycom site and nothing obvious was posted about any intrest right now but that is normal...they being the huge conglomerit they are would want to hold the monopoly on locating one good thing is dycom after the initial rederic that comes with a buy out is a pretty decent co. to work for. when they bought out utiliquest other then taking away the bonus program they adjusted our pay scale to accomidate the loss of our bonus's and kept our insurance pretty much the same.....I could think of worst things to happen to you guys. They really didn't mess with the locator but the upper managment was effected. What ever happens Good luck and remember do not sweat the small stuff............
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Mke
    Years of Experience

uhhhh..... Dycom is like any other big company .... all they care about is the bottom line.

I started with a locating company right before they bought them out and I watched as the company circled the drain. Right now that same company just lost their major contract and you can drive by their main office and see all the company rigs sitting out front no matter what time of day it is.

Is it Dycom's fault? don't know other then the fact is that it was a great company to work for before hand. Once a company starts not trusting the employee it all goes down hill.

I went from guaranteed 40's (great in the winter time) and working till the work was done, to mandatory ticket hold overs and big brother in the cars.

At least its a job in this economy.

mke

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    At least its a job in this economy.
    That excuse is wearing real thin right about now.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

dycom owns alot of companies already but anything is possible????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Well, whatever the rumor is, it will probably happen.

Everyone remember back a couple years on the old board someone asked if CLS was up for sale, and everyone was told NO by the management of CLS. Then, a few months later, BAM CLS was sold from A$$plundh to the new corporation formed out of former SM*P owners.

Whatever is brought up on this board happens within a few weeks, regardless of what the management of either company says, which then shows them to be LIARS....

Perhaps the new owners will be the investment firm of "Dewey, Cheatam and Howe"
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Anyone got anymore news on this? reached out to an STS guy I know but he was on vacation all week.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. With everything that this ownership has done in the past year and half it would make perfect sense. Who knows maybe they will shock us all and be legit....... bah! Who am I kidding , they're a corporation, need we say anymore. At any rate don't take it personal it's just business. As for the management being liars, I don't think that to be true. I would say for the most part none of them DM and below have a clue what corporate is up to, only the elite few really know what's going on.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

Okay, my two cents......

If a large corporation is buying or acquiring another company, there are legal restraints and conditions in place to limit the release of news related to the sale/purchase. Even if this specific deal is happening (and I have no info either way) no upper or senior management from either side can disclose the deal from a legal standpoint (the first piece of paper you have to sign is a non-disclosure!). So if you asked today, and the deal was in the works, no manager could legally reveal the deal and would have to either decline to comment, or tell you it's not happening. Call them liars if you want, but some things (from a legal perspective) can't be disclosed until the deal is done. While I understand the dynamics of business and the legal requirements of making the deal happen, I also understand the need to keep an open line of communication with the workforce so that everybody's best interest is being considered and respected.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Well there is definitely something going down and very soon. From what I hear is going to happen this year is going to make the merger between CLS & SM&P look like nothing. You figure it out.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 6feetunder View Post
    Well there is definitely something going down and very soon. From what I hear is going to happen this year is going to make the merger between CLS & SM&P look like nothing. You figure it out.
    It's possible but these buyouts / mergers don't always get completed.

A firm like Dycom makes it's money by buying other firms to make money for it. It will always be trying to pick up a new firm and always making overtures to the stockholders of other firms to sell out to them.

The next rumor you hear should be that Dycom is buying out ELM based on the 10% nationwide (supposedly nationwide) pay cuts to all employees. Of course upon hearing of this Dycom would naturally look at ELM because that is what they do.

Wish I could figure it out. I can't tell what is going on but something is up for sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast