Thread: Company size and market share...

Years of Experience

Default Company size and market share...

I'm doing a little industry research and was hoping you guys/gals could help me out.

I've been reviewing some of the contract locating sites out there, but actual company statistics are hard to come by. Can anyone tell me the approximate number of employees and/or market share for any of the following:

CUS -

ELM -

OneVision -

Stake Center -

Premier -

USIC and Utiliquest do a pretty good job of describing their respective companies on the web. However, info about these others is pretty tough to come by.

Thanks!

Years of Experience
    25yrs

Default Re: Company size and market share...

It must be top secret information or possibly there are no vine member in attendance.

Mojo, I know there are several Owners/Managers that post on this site and this is information that they will not share. Most companies consider this confidential due to keeping competition from underbidding them. If the competition doesn't know how much they need, they can not put in an accurate bid. Also, the locators have been told not to share company info
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Completely understood, Beyond. However, I don't think that the following description is going to give USIC's competitors an advantage in response to a RFP:

"United States Infrastructure Corporation (USIC) is America's leading provider of utility infrastructure locating services, with over 3,000 highly-trained utility locating technicians protecting the assets of over 90% of the Fortune 500 Utility and Telecommunications Companies throughout 19 states."

Nor do I think that Utiliquest will have a problem with:

"Size and Strength: With almost 3,000 UtiliQuest and affiliate locate company employees and our significant financial resources, UtiliQuest is positioned to be your partner now and into the future."

It's not like I'm asking for the Cost Per Associate or for the hierarichal structure, I'm just trying to get a feel for the scale of each.

It is funny, though. About 5 years ago, I had a VP tell me that he envisioned the industry evolving to 3 or 4 major players and then the rest would all be smaller outfits doing peice work. Based on what I can tell, he was right! Looks like some of the recent M&A activity has brought us to that point.

Years of Experience

Too damn big...

Too damn much...

Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

CUS--a bit under 1000
    ELM---around 1000
    OneVision--around 300
    Premier--a bit over 1000
    Stake Center--around 300
    USIC---a bit over 3000
    Utiliquest--a bit over 2200

All of these are educated guesses.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Linden Riddle View Post
    CUS--a bit under 1000
    ELM---around 1000
    OneVision--around 300
    Premier--a bit over 1000
    Stake Center--around 300
    USIC---a bit over 3000
    Utiliquest--a bit over 2200

All of these are educated guesses.
    Pretty close...for an educated guess...

Years of Experience

It would be neat to have a map of the U.S. and have a different color for all the different contract locate companies to see where they all have contracts.